INVITATION TO THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF AAK AB (publ.)
The shareholders of AAK AB (publ.) are hereby invited to attend the Annual General Meeting to be held on Tuesday 5 May 2015 at 2.00 p.m. at the premises of Europaporten Kongresscenter, Stadiongatan 25 in Malmö, Sweden. The registration for the Annual General Meeting starts at 1.00 p.m.
A.CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDANCE
Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting must be recorded in the Shareholders’ Register maintained by Euroclear Sweden AB on Tuesday 28 April 2015, and must also notify the company of their intention to attend the Annual General Meeting not later than Tuesday 28 April 2015 at 4.00 p.m. The notification of attendance, which may be made in accordance with any of the alternatives specified below, shall state name, address, day-time telephone number, personal or corporate identity number, and the number of shares held. Shareholders who intend to bring assistance shall notify this within the same time limits as for the notification of their own attendance. Shareholders represented by an authorised representative should enclose a proxy in original to their notification. A proxy form is available on the company website www.aak.com and will be sent by post to shareholders notifying the company and informing the company of their address. Representative of a legal entity shall submit a copy of the registration certificate or corresponding papers of authorisation evidencing the persons authorised to act on behalf of the legal entity.
AAK AB (please mark the envelope “Annual General Meeting 2015”)
c/o Euroclear Sweden AB
SE-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden
Telephone: +46 8 402 90 45
In order to participate at the Annual General Meeting, shareholders with nominee-registered shares must request their bank or broker to have the shares temporarily owner-registered with Euroclear Sweden AB. Such re-registration must be executed no later than Tuesday 28 April 2015. The shareholders must therefore notify the nominee of their request to have the shares re-registered in due time before Tuesday 28 April 2015.
1. Opening of the Meeting.
2. Election of Chairman of the Meeting.
3. Preparation and approval of the voting list.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Nomination of persons to verify the Minutes of the Meeting.
6. Determination of whether the Annual General Meeting has been properly convened.
7. Report by the Managing Director.
8. Presentation of the Annual Report, the Auditor’s Report and the Consolidated Financial Statements and the Group Auditor’s Report for the financial year 2014.
9. Resolutions as to:
a) adoption of the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet and the Consolidated Income Statement and the Consolidated Balance Sheet, as per 31 December 2014;
b) appropriation of the company’s profit according to the adopted Balance Sheet and record day for dividend;
c) discharge from liability of the Board of Directors and the Managing Director.
10. Determination of the number of Directors of the Board.
11. Determination of fees to the Board of Directors and auditor.
12. Election of members of the Board of Directors and auditor.
13. Proposal regarding the Nomination Committee.
14. Proposal regarding guidelines for remuneration of senior executives.
15. Closing of the Annual General Meeting.
Election of Chairman of the Meeting (item 2)
The Nomination Committee has proposed that Melker Schörling shall be elected Chairman of the Annual General Meeting 2015.
Proposal regarding the appropriation of the company’s profit (item 9 b)
The Board of Directors has proposed that a dividend of SEK 6,75 per share be declared for the financial year 2014. As record day for the dividend, the Board of Directors proposes Thursday 7 May 2015. If the Annual General Meeting resolves in accordance with the proposal, the dividend is expected to be distributed by Euroclear Sweden AB on Tuesday 12 May 2015.
Proposal regarding the election of the Board of Directors, auditor and determination of fees (items 10-12)
In respect of the Annual General Meeting 2015, the Nomination Committee consists of Chairman Mikael Ekdahl (Melker Schörling AB), Henrik Didner (Didner & Gerge Fonder), Åsa Nisell (Swedbank Robur fonder) and Lars-Åke Bokenberger (AMF).
The Nomination Committee has proposed the following:
- The number of directors shall be six without any deputy directors.
- The total fee payable to the Board of Directors shall be SEK 2,385,000 (including remuneration for committee work) to be distributed among the directors as follows: SEK 620,000 to the Chairman and SEK 310,000 to each of the other directors elected at a general meeting and not employed by the company. Remuneration for committee work shall be payable as follows: SEK 250,000 to the Chairman of the Audit Committee and SEK 125,000 to each of the other members of the Audit Committee, SEK 100,000 to the Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and SEK 50,000 to each of the other members of the Remuneration Committee. The auditor shall be remunerated in accordance with agreement.
- Re-election of the board members Melker Schörling, Ulrik Svensson, Arne Frank, Märta Schörling and Lillie Li Valeur. The board member Märit Beckeman has declined re-election.
- Election of Marianne Kirkegaard as new board member.
- Re-election of Melker Schörling as Chairman of the Board.
- Re-election of the accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, for a period of mandate of one year, consequently up to and including the Annual General Meeting 2016, whereby the accounting firm has informed that the authorised public accountant Sofia Götmar-Blomstedt will continue as auditor in charge.
Proposal regarding the Nomination Committee (item 13)
Shareholders, jointly representing approximately 54.3 per cent of the shares and votes in the company as per 27 February 2015, have notified the company of their proposal regarding Nomination Committee.
Proposal regarding Nomination Committee in respect of the Annual General Meeting 2016
- The Nomination Committee shall have four members.
- Re-election of Mikael Ekdahl (Melker Schörling AB), Henrik Didner (Didner & Gerge Fonder), Åsa Nisell (Swedbank Robur fonder) and Lars‑Åke Bokenberger (AMF) as members of the Nomination Committee in respect of the Annual General Meeting 2016.
- Mikael Ekdahl shall be re-elected Chairman of the Nomination Committee.
- In case a shareholder, represented by a member of the Nomination Committee, is no longer one of the major shareholders of AAK AB, or if a member of the Nomination Committee is no longer employed by such shareholder or for any other reason leaves the Nomination Committee before the Annual General Meeting 2016, the Committee shall be entitled to appoint another representative among the major shareholders to replace such member.
Tasks of the Nomination Committee
Prior to the Annual General Meeting 2016, the Nomination Committee shall prepare and submit proposals for the election of Chairman and other members of the Board of Directors and auditor, the election of Chairman of the Annual General Meeting, fees to the Board of Directors and auditor and matters related thereto.
Proposal regarding guidelines for remuneration to senior executives (item 14)
The Board of Directors proposes that the Annual General Meeting resolves on guidelines for remuneration of senior executives, principally entailing that salaries and other terms of remuneration of the management shall be competitive and in accordance with market conditions. In addition to fixed salary, the management may also receive variable remuneration with a pre-determined cap of 110 per cent of the fixed annual salary based on the outcome of targeted results on group level and in the individual area of responsibility, as well as other benefits. In addition to said variable remuneration, incentive programmes related to the share or share price can be resolved upon from time to time. Pension benefits shall be either income or fee based or a combination of both, with an individual pension age, however, not less than 60 years. On notice of termination by a senior executive, a notice period of six months shall apply without any right to severance pay. At dismissal by the company, the notice period shall be twelve months with a possible right to severance pay with a predetermined cap of maximum twelve months. The Board of Directors shall be entitled to deviate from the guidelines if, in an individual case, there are particular grounds for such deviation.
C. AVAILABLE DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION REGARDING NUMBER OF SHARES AND VOTES IN THE COMPANY
The accounts and the Auditor’s Report (the Annual Report) and the complete proposals of the Board of Directors with respect to item 9 b and 14 and all related documents will be available to the shareholders at the company as from Tuesday 14 April 2015. Copies of the documents will be sent on request to shareholders who state their postal address and will also be available on the company website www.aak.com and at the Annual General Meeting.
The total number of shares and votes in the company amount to 41,987,039. All shares are of the same class.
D. INFORMATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Board and the President shall at the Annual General Meeting, if a shareholder so requests and the Board of Directors believes that it can be done without significant harm to the company, provide information regarding circumstances that (i) may affect the assessment of an item on the agenda, (ii) circumstances that may affect the assessment of the company’s or its subsidiaries’ financial position or information concerning (iii) the company’s relation with other companies within the group.
Malmö in March 2015
AAK AB (publ.)
The Board of Directors
For further information, please contact
Phone: +46 40 627 83 34
Mobile: +46 708 95 22 21
The information is that which AAK AB (publ.) is obliged to publish under the provisions of the Stock Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Trading in Financial Instruments Act. The information was released to the media for publication on March 27, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. CET.
AAK is one of the world’s leading producers of high value-added speciality vegetable oils and fats solutions. These oils and fats solutions are characterized by a high level of technological content and innovation. AAK`s solutions are used as substitute for butter-fat and cocoa butter, trans-free and low saturated solutions but also addressing other needs of our customers. AAK has production facilities in Belgium, Colombia, Denmark, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Uruguay and the US. Further, AAK has customisation plants in Russia and Malaysia. The company is organized in three Business Areas; Food Ingredients, Chocolate and Confectionery Fats and Technical Products & Feed. AAK’s shares are traded on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm, within the Large Cap segment. Further information on AAK can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com