Volvo Group – Report on the fourth quarter and full-year 2011
The Volvo Group’s strong trend continued during the fourth quarter of 2011. Sales rose in all regions, profitability improved and cash flow was strong.
- In the fourth quarter net sales increased by 18% to SEK 86.5 billion (73.4). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units, sales increased by 20%. For the full year net sales increased by 17% to SEK 310.4 billion (264.7).
- The fourth quarter operating income amounted to SEK 6,955 M (5,518). Compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 changes in exchange rates had a negative impact of SEK 425 M. The full-year operating income was the highest to date and amounted to SEK 26.9 billion (18.0).
- Operating margin in the fourth quarter was 8.0% (7.5). The full-year operating margin was a record 8.7% (6.8).
- In the fourth quarter basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.33 (1.59). Full-year diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 8.75 (5.36).
- In the fourth quarter operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was positive in an amount of SEK 10.7 billion (15.1).
- Return on shareholders’ equity of 23.1% in 2011 (16.0).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 3.00 per share (2.50).
“If we review the full-year 2011, the Volvo Group generated the highest net sales, the best operating income and the highest operating margin to date. Net sales rose to SEK 310 billion (265), operating income improved to SEK 26.9 billion (18.0) and the operating margin was 8.7% (6.8). At the same time, the return on operating capital in the Industrial Operations rose to 28.8% and the return on shareholders’ equity in the Group to 23.1%.” Olof Persson, President and CEO.
For an English PDF version of the report, please click here: Volvo Group Q4 2011 PDF
For an English web version of the report please click here: Volvo Group Q4 2011 HTML
For a mobile version of the report please click here: Volvo Group Q4 2011 Mobile
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson, +46 31 66 13 34
Patrik Stenberg, +46 31 66 13 36
Anders Christensson, +46 31 66 11 91
John Hartwell, +1 212 418 7432
Aktiebolaget Volvo (publ) 556012-5790
Investor Relations, VHQ
SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden
Tel +46 31 66 00 00