Volvo Group – the fourth quarter and full year 2017
“In 2017 the Volvo Group achieved its highest sales and operating income in history. For the full year, we grew our net sales by 11% to SEK 335 billion and improved our operating to SEK 30.3 billion. Trucks, Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta and Financial Services all recorded their highest operating income ever. We also improved our profitability with an operating margin of 9.1%,” says Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO.
THE FOURTH QUARTER 2017
- In Q4 2017 net sales increased by 11% to SEK 91.7 billion (82.6). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 16%.
- Both adjusted and reported operating income amounted to SEK 7,334 M, corresponding to an operating margin of 8.0%. In Q4 2016, adjusted operating income amounted to SEK 5,660 M and the adjusted operating margin to 6.9%.
- Currency movements had a negative impact on operating income of SEK 778 M.
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 14.4 billion (4.9).
THE FULL YEAR 2017
- For the full year 2017 net sales increased by 11% to SEK 334.7 billion (301.9).
- Operating income amounted to SEK 30,327 M (20,826) corresponding to an operating margin of 9.1% (6.9).
- Currency movements had a negative impact of SEK 362 M
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 28.4 billion (3.5).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 4.25 per share (3.25).
Press and Analyst Conference. An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 09.00 CET. More information under Investors on www.volvogroup.com
Aktiebolaget Volvo (publ) 556012-5790 Contacts Investor Relations:
Investor Relations, VHQ Christer Johansson +46 31 66 13 34
SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden Anders Christensson +46 31 66 11 91
Tel +46 31 66 00 00
For more stories from the Volvo Group, please visit www.volvogroup.com/press.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 95,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2016 the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to about SEK 302 billion (EUR 31,9 billion). The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.volvogroup.com.
This information is information that AB Volvo (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07.20 CET on January 31, 2018.