Devon Festival Celebrates A Decade of Contemporary Craft
News release: The Contemporary Craft Festival offers an exclusive opportunity to meet and shop with Britain's best designer-makers
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, The Contemporary Craft Festival (June 7-9) brings together exceptional work from leading makers from all over the UK and Ireland. Set in parkland on the edge of Dartmoor, the event offers an exclusive opportunity to meet, and shop with, some of the country’s best designer-makers at one of the UK’s largest and finest craft events.
To celebrate the strength of the national interest in craft the Festival will have more makers exhibiting and demonstrating craft skills than ever before. Some of the UK’s leading practitioners in contemporary furniture design (Gareth Neal, Chris Eckersley & William Warren), wheel thrown ceramics by the legendary Clive Bowen, leading printmaker Rosie Sanders, glass blowing (E & M Glass), inspirational paper artist Jennifer Collier, wire artist Celia Smith, experimental and multiple, award winning weaver Laura Thomas plus many more, will be giving an insight into the skills, techniques and ideas behind the making.
The Contemporary Craft Festival was launched in 2004 and has since established itself as one of the leading craft events for collecting contemporary craft.
- Hot House Collective 2013 participants presented by the Crafts Council and the Festival’s blossoming One Year On section, both representing what is the very best in new, contemporary making often adopting the latest materials and new technologies.
- The Great Windsor Chair Race world-renowned furniture designers will go head-to-head in the popular annual challenge to create classic Ercol inspired Windsor chairs.
- 10 out of 10 a stunning exhibition hosted by the Festival’s founder, The Devon Guild Of Craftsmen, celebrating 10 years of award winning makers from the Festival.
Visitors can expect a weekend brimming with live action from 200 makers of contemporary objects including award winning silversmiths, potters, furniture makers, textile artists, glass makers, jewellery and more. Plus workshops for all ages and a packed Children’s Craft tent will keep budding young craftspeople entertained, together with live music and a wide variety of authentic and creatively cooked food.
For full event information, tickets and workshop booking visit www.craftsatboveytracey.co.uk
The Contemporary Craft Festival, Bovey Tracey, Devon
7 – 9 June 2013
Open 10am-5pm daily
Adult daily ticket £8, concession £7
Adult weekend ticket £12, concession £10
Notes to Editors
1. For media enquiries, tickets for competitions, interview requests with the event director and a selection of further photography please contact: Gill Vosper or Kerry O’Donnell at Absolute PR and Marketing T. 01392 680 740 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For event information, visit www.craftsatboveytracey.co.uk.
3.The Contemporary Craft Festival is an annual event, which has been running since 2003. It is produced in association with the Devon Guild of Craftsmen