New USA Vice President of Group Charter for Air Charter Service
15th June 2014 – Leading provider of aircraft charters, Air Charter Service (ACS), has announced that Jamie Harris has been appointed as the VP for their US ‘Group Charter’ division.
The Group Charter team specializes in providing aircraft charters for groups of 20 or more people, with clients including sports teams, entertainment groups, oil and gas companies, travel agents, governments, event organizers and private individuals.
The company has been involved in some major world events in recent years, notably evacuating foreign nationals during the Arab Spring uprisings, arranged travel to and from the World Cup and transported relief workers and aid to the Philippines in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan.
Harris has spent time working in both ACS’s US and UK offices, building strong, long-term relationships with his customers across a variety of industries. Notably, he played an integral role evacuating people from Egypt during the 2011 uprising, worked closely with the UN to help relocate refugees and has chartered for multiple high-profile professional and collegiate sports teams.
Harris will be based in ACS’s North America HQ in New York and will be responsible for overseeing the company’s group charter offerings throughout the US.
PR Co-ordinator, North America
Tel 516 508 9781 │ Cell 516 240 3061 │ Twitter @ACS_USA
About Air Charter Service
• Our name is Air Charter Service: no ‘s’ on the end
• Formed in 1990 by Chairman Chris Leach in his basement, now employs more than 280 staff worldwide
• We are a global company with 18 worldwide offices, not ‘UK-based’, with offices spanning five continents offering private jet, commercial airliner and cargo aircraft charters
• Revenue in excess of US$ 400 million and arranges almost 7,500 charters annually
• Total number of passengers flown in 2013: 231,502
• Total amount of cargo flown in 2013: 31,172,000kgs
• Voted Cargo Charter Broker of the Year at the ACW World Cargo Awards 2013, voted Charter Broker of the Year at the Payload Asia Awards 2013 and awarded Charter Broker of the Year 2014 by Air Cargo News