Aktia acquires Elisa Rahoitus – gives a new home to the popular service Elisa Lompakko
Aktia Bank plc
01/07/2016 at 1.15 pm
Aktia Bank plc acquires Elisa Rahoitus Oy, and gives the pioneer in mobile payments, Elisa Lompakko, a new home as of 1 July 2016. Simultaneously, the company’s name is changed to Aktia Finance Ltd. The acquisition is a part of Aktia’s growth strategy, and it strengthens Aktia’s know-how in mobile payments and increases the level of development of technical solutions.
Elisa Lompakko, launched in 2012, was the first mobile payment service in Europe. It transmitted the payment message instantly from one user to another. The service will remain unchanged after the acquisition. Elisa Lompakko can be used both to pay quickly in shops and safely on the web. The service is used with smart phones, and its free to download for registered users.
– Aktia finds many new opportunities in Elisa Lompakko. It’s still one of the best payment services on the market. We expect to be able to make use of the current platform in the development of new products and services. Renewals will be considerably quicker following the acquisition of a ready-made platform, says Carl Pettersson, Deputy Managing Director of Aktia.
– The card application Aktia, launched in May, has been very well received by customers, and some 10 per cent of our card holders have already downloaded the application during the first two months. We will use Elisa Lompakko also in the continued development of our card application. We have several innovative solutions on the way, says Pettersson.
Aktia focuses on growth
In accordance with the company’s growth strategy, Aktia has focused on finding new partnerships and distribution channels in the last year. The cooperation between Aktia and R-kioski, launched in December, is a good example of new partnerships. The product range and services are continuously developed according to the needs and wishes of our customers. For Aktia, Elisa Lompakko will enable smoother development of digital services. The new service will provide even better services for Aktia’s customers.
– The new Elisa Lompakko, launched last year, has been extremely well received by our customers. They have commended the service for being easy to use. We have continuously developed the service in cooperation with our customers. As a bank, Aktia is the best possible new home for Elisa Lompakko. Aktia has the same inspired, customer-oriented and innovative approach as the Elisa Lompakko team had. I find it positive, that Elisa Lompakko will gain new pioneering solutions, says Liisa Puurunen, Managing Director of Elisa Rahoitus.
No actions required by customers using Elisa Lompakko
The acquisition has no immediate impact on customers using Elisa Lompakko or the services provided.
– We will make our best efforts to ensure a smooth transition to the new owner for our customers. Our customers are not required to take any actions due to the change of owner. The customers can continue to use Elisa Lompakko at current terms and conditions, says Puurunen.
– We are delighted to get a very good, popular and well-functioning service. We will continue to develop the service, focusing on techniques enabling mobile payments with the use of HCE technology, Pettersson promises.
Elisa will continue to develop and test new digital services making the customers’ daily activities easier.
Aktia Bank plc
For more information, please contact:
Carl Pettersson, Deputy Managing Director, Aktia Bank plc, tel. +358 10 247 6243
Liisa Puurunen, Managing Director, Elisa Rahoitus Oy, tel. +358 50 506 0285
Aktia provides a broad range of products within banking, insurance and real estate agency. Aktia operates mainly in coastal areas and inland growth areas. Aktia has about 350,000 customers who are served by nearly 1,000 employees at 50 branch offices and via web and telephone services. Aktia's shares are listed on the list of Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. For more information about Aktia see www.aktia.com.
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environment-friendly services for communication and entertainment, and tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. In Finland Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables globally competitive services. Elisa is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Large Cap with approximately 200,000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2015 was 1.57 billion euros and it employed 4,100 people. www.elisa.fi