ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE PARTNERS WITH NEW YORK ROAD RUNNERS FOR RACE ENTRY FEE INSURANCE
Race participants can now purchase race insurance for the TCS New York City Marathon and select NYRR races
Allianz Global Assistance, a leading consumer specialty insurance provider, and New York Road Runners (NYRR), the world’s premier community running organization, have announced a multi-year relationship to provide race entry fee insurance for participants in the TCS New York City Marathon and select NYRR races throughout the year.
“Registration Protector” from Allianz Global Assistance will be available for purchase by NYRR race registrants, who are United States residents, for select events (click here to view the list) beginning in January 2018. For an additional fee, Registration Protector will cover the non-refundable race entry fee for these races subject to certain terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
During the race application process, participants will be provided with the option to insure their NYRR entry fee. With Registration Protector, a participant who misses an event for a reason such as a covered injury or illness, employment issue, transportation delay, military/family/legal obligations, and other covered reasons may get their entry fee reimbursed through Allianz.* The full list of circumstances that are covered, and the complete plan terms, conditions, and exclusions, can be viewed here.
“We are excited to partner with Allianz Global Assistance to offer race entry fee insurance for the TCS New York City Marathon, and eleven other NYRR races throughout the year,” said Christine Burke, vice president of runner products and services for New York Road Runners. “We understand that unforeseen circumstances such as injuries occur, and runners who have paid to enter races may be unable to run. Registration Protector provides an opportunity for our runners to recoup their full entry fee if they have to cancel for a reason that is covered, a significant new benefit we are pleased to provide to our running community.”
“We’re pleased to partner with New York Road Runners to offer their race participants the tremendous benefits that Registration Protector has to offer,” said Mike Nelson, CEO of Allianz Worldwide Partners, Americas. “Every year, we provide great coverage and outstanding 24/7/365 service and assistance to 25 million customers. We’re happy to be able to offer this coverage, service and peace of mind to participants in NYRR races.”
Registration Protector is purchased directly through Allianz Global Assistance and costs 6.75% of the entry fee with a minimum price of $7.99. Registration Protector covers 100% of race entry fees. Allianz Global Assistance will manage all customer service and claims activity for Registration Protector policyholders and is available 24/7 to answer questions or help solve problems.
The following races will offer the option to add Allianz Registration Protector:
- NYRR New York Mini 10K
- NYRR Queens 10K
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
- NYRR Staten Island Half
- Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K
- TCS New York City Marathon
- NYRR NYC 60K
- NYRR Jingle Bell Jog (5K)
- NYRR Midnight Run
- NYRR Fred Lebow Manhattan Half (starting in 2019)
- Popular Brooklyn Half (starting in 2019)
- United Airlines NYC Half (starting in 2019)
Allianz Global Assistance USA
Allianz Global Assistance USA (AGA Service Company) is a leading consumer specialty insurance and assistance company. We provide insurance to 25 million customers annually and are best known for our Allianz Travel Insurance plans. In addition to travel insurance, Allianz Global Assistance USA offers tuition insurance, event ticket protection, registration protection for endurance events and unique travel assistance services such as international medical assistance and concierge services. The company also serves as an outsource provider for in-bound call center services and claims administration for property and casualty insurers and credit card companies. To learn more please visit www.allianzworldwidepartners.com/usa
New York Road Runners (NYRR)
In 2018, NYRR is celebrating 60 years of helping and inspiring people through running. Since 1958, New York Road Runners has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s commitment to New York City’s five boroughs features races, community events, youth running initiatives, school programs, and training resources that provide hundreds of thousands of people each year, from children to seniors, with the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to Run for Life. NYRR’s premier event, and the largest marathon in the world, is the TCS New York City Marathon. Held annually on the first Sunday in November, the race features 50,000 runners, from the world’s top professional athletes to a vast range of competitive, recreational, and charity runners. To learn more, visit www.nyrr.org.
* - Terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all plans. Plans are available only to U.S. residents. Not all plans are available in all jurisdictions. For a complete description of the coverage and benefit limits offered under your plan, carefully review your plan’s Letter of Confirmation/Declarations and Certificate of Insurance/Policy. Insurance coverage is underwritten by Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 105-C series or 105-P series, depending on state of residence. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are marks of AGA Service Company or its affiliates. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company. Non-insurance benefits/products are provided and serviced by AGA Service Company.
Media Contact: Daniel Durazo