Ambea’s Quality Report for second quarter 2017
Since 2013, Ambea presents quarterly Quality Reports. The purpose is to continuously present relevant quality parameters, handling of deviations and external scrutiny. In the Quality Report for the second quarter 2017, among other things, the new educational framework for Nytida, a structured and distinct way to work within functional disability.
”Knowledge, competence and a learning organization are the foundations of developing our operations. We collect new knowledge from research and evidence based practice, We build concepts and ‘package’ knowledge in a way that is easily accessible for all co-workers. A great example is the development of Nytida’s new educational framework.The framework is based upon the company’s vision, mission and values in Our World and states important points for Nytida’s co-workers to use as everday work tools”, says Lena Freiholtz, Ambea’s Quality and Sustainability Director.
Highlights in the Quality Report for the second quarter:
- Revival in the integration project for newly arrived people – 100 new internships for language and care training in Nytida and Vardaga.
- Ambea’s first Quality and Sustainability Report (for 2016) presented.
- Study initialized by Lära shows vast ignorance about autism among Swedes.
- Positive reception for Nytida’s new educational framework in the operations.
- Nytida participated in Socialstyrelsen’s (The National Board of Health and Welfare) unit survey and is preparing SKL’s (The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions) upcoming user survey.
- Vardaga participated in Socialstyrelsen’s user and unit surveys.
- A meaningful day is Vardaga’s focus area during 2017 – also important during night.
- Several Vardaga co-workers nominated for Vårdförbundet’s Award and White Guide Awards.
- The Qualimax index has improved from 1,65 to 1,75 for Nytida and from 1,83 to 1,84 for Vardaga since November 2016. Maximum index is 2,0.
- The number of reported deviations and the share of serious deviations have both decreased.
- Two reports according to Lex Maria in Nytida and two according to Lex Sarah in Vardaga.
- Six complaints, three each for Nytida and Vardaga, filed at IVO (The Health and Social Care Inspectorate)
- IVO conducted 17 inspections in our operations, two in Vardaga and 15 in Nytida.
The report (in Swedish) is enclosed this press release. All quality reports (in Swedish) from Ambea can be found on https://www.ambea.se/kvalitet-hallbarhet/bokslut-och-redovisningar/
For more information, please contact:
Lena Freiholtz, Quality and Sustainability Director
Telephone: +46 733 77 55 50
Nanna Wedar, Head of Communication
Telephone: +46 70 166 58 88
Ambea is present within care services and has around 14,000 employees. Ambea offers services within disabled care, individual and family care and elderly care, with a focus on residential care and own management. We strive to be the quality leaders in all we do – and our vision is to make the world better, one person at a time. As of December 31, 2016, Ambea had approximately 6,200 beds and 1,300 school-/daily activity-placements in around 460 units across Sweden and Norway. Total sales and adjusted EBITA for the 2016 financial year amounted to SEK 5,409 million and SEK 456 million. The company was founded in 1996 and its head office is located in Solna, Sweden. Ambea is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.ambea.com