EDAX Introduces OIM™ Analysis 8.0 Market-Leading Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD) Software
MAHWAH, NJ – EDAX Inc., a leader in X-ray microanalysis and electron diffraction instrumentation, continues to lead the industry with its recent release of OIM™ Analysis 8.0. Widely established as the premier microstructural visualization and analysis tool for the interrogation and understanding of EBSD mapping data, OIM™ Analysis now includes multiple new features that enable analysts to achieve new insights into their materials characterization.
- Multithreaded Operations use optimized code to take advantage of modern multicore CPUs ensuring faster map rendering, highlighting and characterization calculations for performance improvements, which scale with the number of cores available.
- EBSD Pattern Indexing offers users the ability to re-index data points within an OIM™ mapping dataset, so that an existing dataset can be re-indexed by point, by partition or by using the complete dataset. Analysts can improve EBSD indexing performance at or away from the microscope using EDAX’s triplet indexing and patented Chi-Scan and NPAR technology.
- Anti-Grain Analysis, a feature unique to EDAX, enables the analyst to characterize non-indexed data points and correlate other microstructural features in order to understand the relationship between different EBSD measurement metrics. Anti-grains can also be correlated with porosity or amorphous regions within the area of interest.
- Correlative Plots allows the visualization of the relationship between two EBSD measurement values when plotted relative to each other.
- HDF5 Support ensures that saved EBSD patterns can be stored in HDF5 format for better portability and are compatible with Cross Court for HR-EBSD.
“Once again EDAX has reset the standard for EBSD data analysis capability,” concludes Matt Nowell, EBSD Product Manager for EDAX. “With the new functionality and features incorporated into OIM™ Analysis 8.0, more meaningful and colorful maps, quantified charts and texture calculations can now be obtained faster along with introducing a new paradigm for indexing EBSD patterns for improved map quality.”
EDAX will demonstrate the latest features and capabilities of OIM™ Analysis 8.0 at the Microscopy and Microanalysis 2016 Conference, July 25 to 28, in Columbus, OH (Booth #1114). Please click here to schedule a demo at the booth or click here to download a product bulletin.
About AMETEK EDAX
EDAX is the acknowledged leader in Energy Dispersive Microanalysis, Electron Backscatter Diffraction and X-ray Fluorescence instrumentation. EDAX designs, manufactures, installs and services high-quality products and systems for leading companies in the semiconductor, metals, geological, pharmaceutical, biomaterials, and ceramics markets. Since 1962, EDAX has used its knowledge and experience to develop ultra-sensitive silicon radiation sensors, digital electronics and specialized application software that facilitate solutions to research, development and industrial requirements. EDAX is a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., which is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $4.0 billion. For further information about EDAX, contact: