New SPECTRO xSORT Handheld XRF Analyzer Delivers Improved Speed, Precision in Analysis of Light Elements
Kleve, Germany — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today announced a major new upgrade of the SPECTRO xSORT handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometer — delivering improved speed and precision in the analysis of light elements.
The design, performance, and simple operation of the SPECTRO xSORT handheld spectrometer make it ideal for performing positive material identification (PMI) for infrastructure integrity testing at refineries, power plants, and petrochemical complexes — as well as scrap metal analysis and sorting in the recycling industry.
The SPECTRO xSORT Alloy model delivers grade identification in seconds. The even more powerful SPECTRO xSORT AlloyPlus analyzes most alloys in 2 seconds, and identifies alloys based on light elements such as aluminum, magnesium, silicon, phosphorus, and sulfur in 7 seconds. Advantages include:
- Ease of Use: With SPECTRO xSORT, operators don’t have to switch methods between samples, or bother with helium flushes or vacuum systems. Its compact, one-piece 1.64 kg (3.62 lb) design is optimized for easy use in the field, even in tight or less accessible spots.
- Built-In Protection and Calibration: A shutter that automatically closes the measurement window between analyses — to protect internal components — also functions as the sample material for unique, automatic iCAL standardization. All calibrations loaded into SPECTRO xSORT are always ready for use.
Additional features include an X-ray safety gasket to prevent backscatter radiation from light element matrix samples; wireless LAN; quick-change battery; interface bezel with operator-defined hot keys; “live” analysis results; simplified software with touchscreen; and the SPECTRO iCAL one-sample, one-time easy automated calibration system. Options include an integrated GPS receiver and integrated video camera.
The new SPECTRO xSORT analyzer is available in different models. The SPECTRO xSORT Alloy employs an innovative silicon PIN (Si-PIN) detector and delivers grade identification of metals in seconds without extensive analysis. The SPECTRO xSORT AlloyPlus (Combi) features a top-of-the-line silicon drift detector (SDD) and provides reliable, high-productivity measurement and analysis.
The optional SPECTRO Metal Database helps extend prepackaged libraries or create customized grade libraries.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis in a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measurable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 40,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
Notes to Editors:
- Press contacts:
- Germany: Tom Milner, Tel: +49-2821-8920
- USA: Don Goncalves, Tel: +1-781-793-9380 or email@example.com
- Download high-resolution photos for publication from: http://www.spectro.com/about-us/press/press-pictures