Aspera Powers and Automates Digital Content Workflows at BVE 2013
CEO Michelle Munson to present seminar on bridging on-premise and cloud deployments for broadcast IT
14 February 2013 – Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, will showcase a comprehensive portfolio of high-speed data transfer software and automation solutions for the broadcast and media industries at stand K09 at Broadcast Video Expo 2013, taking place on 26-28 February at Excel in London. At 12.15pm on Wednesday 27 February, Michelle Munson, Aspera’s president, CEO and co-founder, will lead a seminar on ‘Bridging on-premise and cloud deployments for broadcast IT: an infrastructure-agnostic world for ingest, management, storage and distribution of digital media content’.
Today’s complex media workflows increasingly involve end-to-end, customised and automated operations, often with a combination of both cloud and on-premise storage. They require the integration of multiple geographically dispersed teams and processes, and the ability to publish to multiple screens and platforms. Munson’s seminar will explore how infrastructure-agnostic technologies can enable these new workflows by allowing large digital content to be ingested, accessed and distributed at maximum speed and with full security - regardless of storage type or network distance.
At stand K09, Aspera will showcase the latest innovations to its high-speed data transfer and automation solutions that enable media enterprises to deploy the on-premise, cloud-based or hybrid infrastructure of their choosing to enable global content supply chains:
• The Aspera Orchestrator platform for file-based workflow automation, which has been enhanced with full failover support, integrated Active Directory and LDAP support, and multi-tenant capabilities. It also offers an expanded plug-in library for a host of leading transcoding, watermarking, quality control, antivirus, ad insertion, asset management and other solutions.
• Orchestrator support for IRT’s MXF Analyzer, DPP and AS11 broadcast file format validation, as well as new FIMS interfaces within Orchestrator for invoking Aspera fasp transfers, and other FIMS workflows.
• The latest version of Aspera On Demand, which enables media companies and content service providers to use high-speed fasp™ transport to ingest and distribute large files to and from the Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure clouds, and integrate their platforms into media services running on Azure.
• The latest versions of Aspera faspex™ and Aspera Shares for fast, ad-hoc file exchange, enabling collaborative, person-to-person workflows spanning on premise, cloud and hybrid deployments. The faspex and Shares solutions can be deployed on the AWS cloud or in the enterprise, and are uniquely designed to allow media files to be securely transferred between any storage locations (on premise or in cloud) on behalf of users or project groups with privacy, security and fine-grained access control. Aspera will demonstrate sending via Faspex dropboxes to Aspera Shares destinations by workgroup, full SAML integration for single sign-on, and configurable distribution lists. The complete solution includes desktop automatic download and browser, email and mobile clients for sending and receiving files of any size, at high-speed and global distances with the Aspera fasp technology.
• The new Aspera Sync, which powers high-performance (10-100X rsync), multidirectional file replication and synchronization for remote collaboration and disaster recovery scenarios with full integration with Aspera Console for global visibility and control of sync sessions across the entire network, advanced file handling options such as file-level de-duplication eliminating unnecessary transfers and reducing storage use, and added support for OSX and Solaris in addition to Windows and Linux.
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Approximately 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit www.asperasoft.com and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.
Media contact: Rebecca Edwards, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, +44 (0) 20 7403 8878, firstname.lastname@example.org