Aspiro AB (publ): Year-end Report 2012
Fourth Quarter 2012
• Net sales for continuing operations for the fourth quarter were SEK 67.8 m (SEK 71.7 m), a 5.4% decrease.
• EBITDA for continuing operations for the fourth quarter was SEK -24.8 m (SEK -11.5 m).
• Goodwill impairment for Mobile Search of SEK 7.7 m (SEK 6.8 m). The goodwill item is evaluated quarterly.
• Goodwill impairment for TV of SEK 17.2 m (SEK 0 m).
• Net profit/loss for continuing operations for the fourth quarter was SEK -51.2 m (SEK -9.6 m).
• Sales in the Music business segment increased by 9.3%.
• Sales in the TV business segment decreased by 26.5% as a result of renegotiated agreements with existing customers earlier in 2012. EBITDA was SEK 0.0 m (SEK 0.4 m).
• On 18 October, Peter Tonstad, formerly CFO, was appointed as Aspiro’s CEO, and took up his position on 1 December. The company’s Head of Accounting Jörgen Carlsson was appointed Acting CFO at the same time.
Post Period End Highlights
Aspiro launched WiMP in Poland through its direct channel, and signed a second partnering agreement with Polish mobile operator Play. The agreement with Play has a minimum term of 12 months.
WiMP has signed an extended agreement with Telenor in Norway. With this agreement, WiMP will be bundled into certain subscriptions, which in turn, will generate minimum sales for Aspiro of some SEK 30 m over 24 months.
For more information, please contact: Peter Tonstad, CEO, tel: + 47 48 17 61 02, e-mail: email@example.com
This information is mandatory for Aspiro AB (publ) to publish pursuant to the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. This information was submitted for publication at 08.30am on 12 February 2013.
Aspiro is a leading streaming company with its primary focus on the WiMP music service and video services delivered to partners. WiMP is delivered direct to consumers and through partners such as operators and TV distributors. With WiMP, Aspiro is thinking globally but working locally, with editorial services and in-house teams tailoring the service for each country. Aspiro has 14 years’ experience of digital services and is a growth company with high ambitions. Aspiro is listed on Nasdaq OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm.