Interim report on Q4 and full-year 2010 summary
Record profit and continued order growth
- Order intake increased to MSEK 19 374, organic growth of 28%.
- Revenues increased 22% to MSEK 19 401 (15 942).
- Operating profit increased 64% to MSEK 4 007 (2 450, including restructuring costs of MSEK 80).
- Operating margin at 20.7% (15.4).
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 3 920 (2 324).
- Profit for the period was MSEK 2 916 (1 700).
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 2.39 (1.39).
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 2 529 (4 131).
- The Board proposes distribution to shareholders of SEK 9.00 per share through:
- annual dividend for 2010 of SEK 4.00 (3.00) per share and
- extra distribution of SEK 5.00 per share through mandatory redemption.
- Updated goals for sustainable, profitable development:
- annual revenue growth of 8% over a business cycle
- sustained high return on capital employed
- annual dividend of about 50% of earnings per share.
Near-term demand outlook
The overall demand for the Group’s products and services is expected to increase somewhat. The demand in the emerging markets as well as from the mining industry is expected to stay strong. Some mature markets, like North America, are expected to continue the recent improvement.
Atlas Copco discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
Atlas Copco is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. The Group delivers sustainable solutions for increased customer productivity through innovative products and services. Founded 1873, the company is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 170 countries. In 2010, Atlas Copco had about 33 000 employees and revenues of BSEK 70 (BEUR 7.3). Learn more at www.atlascopco.com.
Ingrid Andvaller, Investor Relations Manager,
Phone: +46 8 743 8290 or +46 70 497 8290