Autoliv Elects New Board Member

Autoliv Elects New Board Member (Chicago, April 25, 2001) - Mr. Tetsuo Sekiya, who is President and Chief Executive Officer of NSK Ltd. of Japan - a leading global bearing manufacturer - has been elected to the Board of Directors of Autoliv Inc. (NYSE: ALV and SSE: ALIV). All the three leading car-producing continents (i.e. North America, Europe and Asia) will thereby be represented on the Board of Autoliv, the world-leading automotive safety company. In addition to running NSK, a major supplier to the Japanese vehicle industry, Mr. Sekiya is Chairman of the suppliers' council of Isuzu, Vice Chairman of the suppliers' council of Toyota and Nissan and Director of the suppliers' council of Mitsubishi. Between 1980 and 1985, Mr. Sekiya headed NSK's North American operations in Michigan, USA. Tetsuo Sekiya was born in 1934. He graduated from The Keio University in Economics in 1958. The election of Mr. Sekiya follows several steps to increase Autoliv's sales in Japan. In 1998, an airbag assembly plant was acquired in Tsukuba. The following year, a technical center with a crash test lab was opened, and last year the steering wheel company Izumi was acquired. Last year Autoliv also acquired 40% of NSK's Asian seat belt operations with an option to later acquire the remaining 60%, as well as 100% of NSK's North American seat belt business. This year, commercial shipments of airbag inflators have begun from a plant Autoliv has built in cooperation with NOF, the leading Japanese pyrotechnic company. As a result of these measures, Autoliv expects its sales in Japan to increase from 9% of consolidated sales last year to approximately 15% within three years. Mr. Sekiya was elected by the Autoliv Board to fill the vacancy created when Gunnar Bark announced in February that he planned to retire as Chairman and Board Member at this Board meeting. As announced at that time, Mr. S. Jay Stewart has been elected to succeed him as Chairman of the Board. Mr. Sekiya was elected for a two-year term expiring at the 2003 Shareholders meeting, when Dr. Bark's term should have expired. Dividend At the board meeting today, a dividend of 11 cents per share was declared. This dividend is payable on September 6 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on August 9. Report from the Shareholders Meeting At the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders that was held today in Chicago, shareholders' proxies were received in sufficient quantity to approve the proposals that came before the shareholders' meeting. This means that Per-Olof Aronson, Lars Westerberg and Professor Walter Kunerth were re-elected directors of the corporation for a regular three- year term, and Ernst & Young AB was ratified as Autoliv's independent auditing firm for 2001. Inquiries: Tetsuo Sekiya, President and CEO of NSK, Tel: +81-466-441711 ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by BIT http://www.bit.se The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2001/04/25/20010425BIT00400/bit0002.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2001/04/25/20010425BIT00400/bit0002.pdf

About Us

Autoliv, Inc. is the worldwide leader in automotive safety systems, and through its subsidiaries develops and manufactures automotive safety systems for all major automotive manufacturers in the world. Together with its joint ventures, Autoliv has more than 80 facilities with 70,000 employees in 27 countries. In addition, the Company has 22 technical centers in nine countries around the world, with 19 test tracks, more than any other automotive safety supplier. Sales in 2016 amounted to about US $10.1 billion. The Company's shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ALV) and its Swedish Depository Receipts on the OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm (ALIV sdb). For more information about Autoliv, please visit our company website at www.autoliv.com.

Subscribe