Avid Announces Key Enhancements to State-of-the-Art Avid Artist Suite Control Surfaces for Faster, More Efficient Professional Mixing Workflows
Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 innovations help pro mixers deliver great sounds on time and on budget
WHAT: Avid® today announced the availability of key updates to its state-of-the-art professional mixing solutions that form a key part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools for audio, video and live sound production. The new versions of Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 deliver streamlined workflows, driving efficiency and speed improvements that empower mixing professionals to handle the biggest and most complex mixes under the modern pressures of less time and budget.
As part of the Avid Artist Suite, Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 are run on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, a common services foundation that delivers on the Avid Everywhere™ strategic vision for helping content creators and media organisations connect with their audiences in more powerful, efficient, collaborative and profitable ways. Through the MediaCentral Platform, users can access an even wider range of tools and experts for collaboration, music production, and monetisation of their own content.
The System 5 version 6.0 software update provides full support for and integration with Dolby Atmos®. Filmmakers use Dolby Atmos to place and move sounds anywhere in the movie theatre, including overhead, to make film audiences feel as if they are inside the movie and not merely watching it. It includes support for:
- 9.1 panning of “bed” channels
- Integrated monitor control of the Dolby Rendering and Mastering Unit (RMU)
- Object metadata panning either direct from the console or through plug-in control
- Direct Atmos plug-in control in Pro Tools® from System 5.
- Deeper integration with EUCON control including VCA Spill, automation control and more
Pro Tools | S6 software version 1.2 delivers key enhancements and more flexible workflows that pro mixers have asked for with new features* including:
- VCA Spill - ability to spill VCA slaves onto the surface from a VCA master to access and update as necessary
- Multi-Workstation Layouts – ability to map channels onto the surface from any of EUCONTM-connected DAW – side by side. Users can program and recall 96 layouts from the master touch screen
- Expand Mode – ability to expand a plug-in and its parameters across a single or double knob module – providing either 32 or 64 knobs to access all of the controls at once
- Audio Editing from an S6 Channelstrip - a user can fade in or out a clip, trim the head or tail, slip or nudge it in time, adjust its clip gain and more
- Vary the Scrolling Waveform Speed - a new preference has been added to vary the speed from one second up to 60 seconds
- Gain Reduction Enhancements – high-resolution gain reduction meters are now on both the channel display modules and the master module home page. There are also GR meters on the fader module between the two level meters and new dynamics graph with bouncing ball level indication
- Integrated DVI Switcher Control - ability to switch multiple workstation screens to one TFT has been added via the serial control of either a Gefen or Guntermann & Drunck switcher
- Automation LED indicators on knob modules
- Soft Key Editor - allows users to customise the four banks of soft keys
* Some features currently require Pro Tools and/or an S6 M40 system with Display Modules. See http://www.avid.com/products/avid-S6 for more information.
WHO: Professional dubbing mixers and engineers have made System 5 their mixing console of choice for more award-winning films and TV shows over the past 15 years than any other console. It offers the most comprehensive control and integrated hybrid DAW support for industry-leading Pro Tools than any other console.
Pro Tools | S6 is designed for professional audio mixers in the most demanding production environments, offering scalability through modular design to build the control surface that best suits their needs while giving them the performance needed to complete projects faster and produce the best-sounding mixes. For music professionals, S6 enables them to expand their mixing capabilities to take on projects created in Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Cubase and Pyramix DAWs.
WHEN: Pro Tools | S6 version 1.2 and System 5 version 6 software are now shipping (2 July 2014).
WHERE: Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 can be purchased through Avid retailers worldwide.
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google ; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2014 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.