Interim financial report for the 9-month period January 1 – September 30, 2015 and for the quarter July – September 2015 (Q3)
Highlights during the third quarter of 2015
- In early July 2015 the Swedish public prosecutor filed criminal charges against two of the four former NMG Board Directors in office during first half of 2013 and responsible for the Ghana Gold-transaction. This is beneficial to NMG in the sense that is increases the likelihood of NMG winning the ongoing civil court case against the same Board Directors.
- The spot nickel price continued to trade at very depressed levels during summer and autumn 2015.
Major events after end of the report period
- On October 16, 2015 NMG published that it had, subject to shareholder approval, entered in to a conditional purchase agreement relating to leading Spanish private debt collection company, ALD Abogados S.L. (“ALD”) for a total consideration of some 18 million Euro whereof some 5 million Euro in kind via some 47 million NMG-shares to be issued. In this conjunction NMG also announced a fully underwritten directed issue of 400 million shares at an issue price of 1 NOK per share. And in the same context a rights issue of up to 60 million new shares was announced at the same issue price, also fully underwritten. In essence, NMG has in accordance with previously published intentions embarked on a new growth strategy as international debt collection company, and the mineral assets may be disposed of in due time. An Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting held on November 17 approved of the proposed acquisition of ALD and the associated share issues. Following the mentioned EGM, a new company management with Mr. Endre Rangnes as new CEO was appointed. In early October NMG also notified the stock market that the Swedish tax authorities have asked for additional information in respect of the tax declaration for fiscal year 2013 for one of NMG group’s subsidiaries at that time.
- On November 25, 2015 NMG convened an EGM for December 23 in Stockholm, where inter alia a new company name and a new Board of Directors will be proposed.
Financial results for the nine-month period January – September 2015 and for the quarter July - September 2015
- The net result after tax for the 9-month period January – September 2015 amounted to MSEK –89.9 (MSEK –7.0 excluding and MSEK -11.8 including discontinued operations). This corresponds to earnings per share (EPS) of SEK –0.99 (SEK –0.32 excluding discontinued operations and SEK -0.55 including discontinued operations).
- The total comprehensive result for the first nine months of 2015 was MSEK –89.9 (MSEK –12.9).
- The net result after tax for the last quarter July - September 2015 amounted to MSEK –4.8 (MSEK –1.6). This corresponds to EPS of SEK –0.05 (SEK –0.07 excluding and including discontinued operations).
- The total comprehensive result for the third quarter of 2015 was MSEK –4.8 (MSEK -1.6).
Tel: 46 8 402 28 00
Mobile: 46 708 855504