Axfood’s best year − again
Fourth quarter summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 11,116 m (10,791), an increase of 3.0%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.5%.
- Like-for-like sales for Group-owned stores increased by 1.3%.
- Operating profit was SEK 401 m (448), corresponding to an operating margin of 3.6% (4.2%).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 399 m (441).
- Net profit was SEK 307 m (341), and earnings per share were SEK 1.46 (1.63).
- In December Axfood made a public cash offer to the shareholders of Matse Holding AB (publ), which is listed on Nasdaq First North.
- The Board of Directors proposes an ordinary dividend of SEK 6.00 per share (5.00, plus an extra dividend of 4.00).
- Axfood is focusing on growth and new investments, and the forecast is an operating profit in 2017 to be level with the outcome for 2016.
Summary full-year 2016
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 43,355 m (41,247), an increase of 5.1%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 4.0%.
- Like-for-like sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.0%.
- Operating profit was SEK 1,902 m (1,760), corresponding to an operating margin of 4.4% (4.3%).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 1,894 m (1,749).
- Net profit was SEK 1,473 m (1,361), and earnings per share were SEK 7.02 (6.48).
Significant events after the balance sheet date
- On 25 January 2017 Axfood executed its offer to the shareholders of Matse Holding AB (publ), as all conditions were fulfilled.
For further information, please contact:
Anders Strålman, President and CEO, +46 70 293 16 93
Karin Hygrell-Jonsson, CFO, +46 70 662 69 70
Cecilia Ketels, Head of Investor Relations, +46 72 236 06 43
The information herein is such that Axfood AB (publ) is required to make public in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person listed here, at 7:30 a.m. (CET) on 7 February 2017.
At Axfood we work with passion for food and people. Our strength is in developing and driving successful grocery formats in the Swedish market with responsibility for the environment and sustainable development. Axfood includes the Willys and Hemköp chains as well as the Tempo, Handlar’n and Direkten formats, which are proprietor-owned and organized within Axfood Närlivs. B2B sales are sold through the Axfood Snabbgross chain, and wholesaling is conducted through Dagab. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, and the principal owner is Axel Johnson AB. Read more at axfood.se.