Interim Report, Axfood AB, 1 January–30 September 2005

Spar Finland is reported as a discontinued operation on a separate line in the profit and loss account, and thus the figures below pertain to continuing operations. • Axfood’s consolidated sales during the first nine months of 2005 amounted to SEK 20,781 m (21,425), a decrease of 3.0%. • Axfood’s consolidated sales during the third quarter totalled SEK 7,090 m (7,161), a decrease of 1.0%. • Retail sales for Axfood’s wholly owned stores rose 4.0% during the period. Same-store sales decreased by 3.0%. • Operating profit for the period was SEK 825 m (839). Operating profit for the third quarter was SEK 312 m (333). • Profit after financial items for the period was SEK 814 m (814). Profit after financial items for the third quarter was SEK 309 Mkr (327). • Profit after tax for the period was SEK 579 m (586). Earnings per share were SEK 10.63 (10.94). • Axfood is selling all of its shares in Spar Finland for cash purchase price of EUR 38.7 m (approx. SEK 360 m). Purchase by the buyer is conditional upon approval from the Finnish Competition Authority. • The Board and management’s estimation is that operating profit for the year will be approximately SEK 1,000 m. (1,148)

About Us

Axfood AB conducts retail trade through the wholly owned store chains Hemköp, Willys and Willys hemma and wholesale trade through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements.

Subscribe

Documents & Links