Interim Report Axfood AB (publ) for the period 1 January–30 September 2008
- Axfood’s consolidated sales amounted to SEK 23,519 m (21,536) during the period, an increase of 9.2%.
- Like-for-like sales rose 5.6% during the period. Retail sales for wholly owned stores increased by 9.9%.
- Operating profit for the period January–September was SEK 800 m (857). Operating profit for the same period a year ago included a one-time positive effect of SEK 19 m.
- Profit after financial items for the period amounted to SEK 747 m (831).
- Profit after tax for the period was SEK 538 m (598), and earnings per share were SEK 10.26 (11.40).
- Axfood expects operating profit for 2008 to be level with 2007.