Annual General Meeting of BioGaia
The Annual General Meeting of BioGaia AB (publ) on 25 April 2018 voted to approve the following resolutions:
- adoption of the annual report
- discharge from liability for the Board members and the Managing Director
- a dividend of SEK 9.00 per share and a grant of not more than SEK 2.7 million to “The foundation to prevent antibiotic resistance” that was founded 2017. The purpose of the foundation is to reduce antibiotic resistance through support to research, education and information activities that promote of the use of products and methods that prevent infections and reduce the use of antibiotics.
- re-election of Board members David Dangoor, Ewa Björling, Inger Holmström, Anthon Jahreskog and Brit Stakston
- new election of Peter Rothschild, Isabelle Ducellier and Peter Elving as Board members
- Peter Rothschild, born 1950, has an MBA from the Stockholm School of Economics. Peter Rothschild has worked with shipping and is a founder of BioGaia and was Managing Director in the period 1996–2016 and Group President thereafter. Today, Peter Rothschild is Board member of Glycom A/S and Chairman of the Board of Infant Bacterial Therapeutics AB. Peter Rothschild holds, through Annwall & Rothschild Investments AB (a company co-owned with Jan Annwall) 740,668 Class A shares and 509,332 Class B shares in BioGaia.
- Isabelle Ducellier, born in 1969, has a Masters in International Marketing from EM in Lyon and an Executive MBA General Management GMP20 from Harvard Business School. She has twenty-five years’ international experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods. Among other things she has been Managing Director and Board member of Pernod Ricard Sweden for several years and has been on the boards of a number of companies. She is currently General Secretary of the Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation. Isabell Ducellier holds 38 Class B shares in BioGaia.
- Peter Elving, born 1948, has an MBA from the Stockholm School of Economics and an EPBA-Managing the Enterprise from Columbia University in New York. Peter Elving has had a long career in senior positions in Kraft General Foods both in Sweden and internationally. Among other things, he has been Managing Director of Kraft Foods Nordic for many years. Today Peter Elving is on the Boards of both listed and unlisted companies. Peter Elving holds no shares in BioGaia.
- new election of Peter Rothschild as Board Chairman and David Dangoor as Deputy Board Chairman
- re-election of the registered accounting firm Deloitte AB
- board member compensation in an amount of SEK 600,000 to the Chairman, SEK 400,000 to the Vice Board Chairman and SEK 200,000 to each of the other Board members.
- an additional monthly remuneration of not more than SEK 155,000 to the Chairman of the board for essential duties in addition to the assignment as Chairman of the board. The payment of any such additional remuneration shall be agreed upon in writing and further resolved upon by the Board.
- auditors’ fee shall be paid according to approved account
- on principles for remuneration and other terms of employment for senior executives in accordance with the Board’s proposal
- on a Nominating Committee in accordance with the Nominating Committee’s proposal
Latest press releases from BioGaia
2018-04-25 BioGaia AB Interim Management Report 1 January – 31 March 2018
2018-04-24 New initiative in the fight against antibiotic resistance
2018-04-06 BioGaia increases further in MetaboGen
For additional information please contact
Axel Sjöblad, Managing Director, BioGaia: +46 8 555 293 00
BioGaia is an innovative Swedish healthcare company that develops, markets and sells probiotic products with documented health benefits. The products are sold through local distribution partners in around 100 countries worldwide. The class B share of the Parent Company BioGaia AB is quoted on the Mid Cap segment of Nasdaq Stockholm. www.biogaia.com