Biovitrum’s Interim Report January – September 2006
Strong Trend Continues in Q3
January – September
• Net revenues for the period increased by 69 percent to SEK 956.3 M (567.3)
• Net profit for the period amounted to SEK 99.0 M (-54.0) and earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.1 (-1.0)
• Cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments amounted to SEK 929.4 M (1,021.4) on September 30
July – September
• Net revenues for the third quarter increased by 19 percent to SEK 248.2 M (209.4)
• Net profit for the quarter amounted to SEK 5.6 M (-4.0) and earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.1 (-0.1)
• Biovitrum was listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange on September 15
• Phase I study initiated within the 5-HT6 project for the treatment of obesity
• Phase IIa study initiated within the 5-HT2A project for the treatment of glaucoma
”During our first period as a public company we continued to enjoy the strong trend of increasing revenues and positive development in our project portfolio,” says Mats Pettersson, CEO of Biovitrum.
”Our position as an integrated biopharma company with stable finances and a broad project portfolio provides us with a solid platform for the future.
I would also like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all of the interest and appreciation we have met in connection with our IPO and to welcome all of our new shareholders.”