BJÖRN BORG AB INTERIM REPORT JANUARY – JUNE 2014
APRIL 1 – JUNE 30, 2014
- The Group’s net sales decreased by 8 percent to SEK 97.0 million (105.8). Excluding currency effects, sales fell by 10 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 52.5 percent (52.1).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 0.5 million (0.9).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 2.2 million (3.4).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.15 (0.23).
JANUARY 1 – JUNE 30, 2014
- The Group’s net sales increased by 1 percent to SEK 239.8 million (236.5). Excluding currency effects, sales were unchanged.
- The gross profit margin was 52.7 percent (51.0).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 19.6 million (10.1).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 17.6 million (9.4).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.76 (0.52).
QUOTE FROM THE CEO
“During the second quarter we and our distributors experienced continued tough market conditions, particularly in our larger markets. On the positive side, our operations in Finland and England continue to perform well. At the same time we have good cost control. Now I look forward to working with the team at Björn Borg to set a clear direction and to increase our focus on consumers. Let’s go!” says Henrik Bunge, the new CEO of Björn Borg.
For further information, please contact:
Henrik Bunge, CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Magnus Teeling, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this interim report in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
The information was released for publication on August 20, 2014 at 7:30 am (CET).