BJÖRN BORG AB INTERIM REPORT JANUARY – MARCH 2015
JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31, 2015
- The Group’s net sales decreased by 8 percent to SEK 131.1 million (142.8). Excluding currency effects, sales were down 16 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 53.6 percent (52.8).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 12.8 million (19.0).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 14.9 million (15.6).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.61 (0.62).
- The comparable period in 2014 includes delayed shipments, which increased quarterly revenue by about SEK 25 million and operating profit by about SEK 12 million.
- Brand sales* (excluding VAT) increased by 3 percent to SEK 394 million (382). Excluding currency effects, the decrease was 1 percent.
QUOTE FROM THE CEO
“During the quarter we began our shift to sports fashion, and I am especially pleased with our successful branding activity in Q1, ‘First person lover.’ We decided to present our collection with a computer game, where choosing various products from our collection gave the character different superpowers to use to battle evil forces in the world. The campaign delivered on all of our key indicators, the highlight of which is that we have now generated over 18 million views of the game,” said Henrik Bunge, CEO of Björn Borg.
For further information, please contact:
Henrik Bunge, CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Magnus Teeling, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this year-end report in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
The information was released for publication on May 11, 2015 at 6:00 pm (CET).