LIVE TODAY: BJÖRN BORG LAUNCHES SS15 COLLECTION WITH ONLINE FASHION GAME EXPERIENCE.
Pioneers in-game shopping
Today, on the 28thof January, Björn Borg launches its spring summer 2015 collection through a game named First Person Lover; taking the collection inspiration of fictitious worlds to a whole new level. Through the game, players can wear key looks from the collection, and even purchase the clothes they wear.
– We have taken the aesthetics from the First Person Shooter games and turned it upside down. We want to offer gamers and shoppers a whole new experience at the same time as we continue our mission to take an active stand for more love in the world, comments Lina Söderqvist, Marketing Director, Björn Borg AB.
In First Person Lover, evil and hatred is taking over a place in the world. You mission as a Love Agent is to fight the forces of evil with the power of love. Equipped with a love glove, you master your enemies with e.g. a hologram kiss blower, a flower petal thrower or rainbow caster made from pink gold, white leather and acrylic glass for the ultimate style experience.
The Spring Summer collection is inspired by fictional worlds like mesmerizing mythical islands, lost worlds and visionary computer games. The collection was first presented at Fashion Week Stockholm last August. More information about the collection here.
– It has been extraordinarily fun to see the collection come to life in 3D and having avatars wearing it. The game has taken my vision of fictional worlds to a whole new level. I might be the first designer ever that has his collection bought through a game, says James Lee, Head Designer, Björn Borg.
The First Person Lover Game is free of charge and can be played with Mac or PC at firstpersonlover.com
– Single player First Person Lover Game
– Web based game for PC and Mac found at firstpersonlover.com
– 30 minutes+ of game play in three levels
– Lets players shop Björn Borg clothing in an in-game shopping mall
– Co-developed with gaming star Christopher “GeT_RiGhT” Alesund
– Game characters are inspired by strong, individual and fashionable models
– Game world inspired by Sao Paolo, Brazil
– All weapons are fictional and co-created by Garbergs/Isbit Games and Björn Borg
– Graphic artist Christopher Brändström has recreated the Björn Borg Spring Summer 2015 collection in 3D.
– Developed by Isbit Games.
– Co-developer: e-sport player Christopher “GeT_RiGhT” Alesund,
Pernilla Johansson, Global PR Manager, Björn Borg AB
Phone: 46 8 506 655 13
ABOUT BJÖRN BORG: The Group owns the Björn Borg trademark and its core business is underwear. It also offers sportswear and fragrances as well as footwear, bags and eyewear through licensees. Björn Borg products are sold in around thirty markets, of which Sweden and the Netherlands are the largest. The Björn Borg Group has operations at every level from branding to consumer sales in its own Björn Borg stores. In total, there are 38 Björn Borg stores, of which 17 are operated in the Group. Total sales of Björn Borg products in 2013 amounted to around SEK 1.5 billion at the consumer level. Group net sales amounted to SEK 499 million in 2013, with 159 employees. The Björn Borg share has been listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic in Stockholm since 2007.