Interim Report January – March 2012
“The first quarter of 2012 was characterised by a strong recovery after the difficult fourth quarter of 2011. Improved margins and lower fixed costs contributed to a significant improvement in performance” says Bong President and CEO Anders Davidsson. “Now we are intensifying our efforts to raise productivity in order to ensure long-term competitiveness and profitability.”
January – March 2012
- Net sales SEK 816 million (854)
- ProPac sales SEK 120 million (117)
- Operating income SEK 31 million (26)
- Profit after tax SEK 9 million (9)
- Cash flow after investments SEK -19 million (30)
- Earnings per share SEK 0.54 (0.46)
- Acquisition of remaining 55% stake in British company Packaging First Ltd and remaining 30% stake in Lober Druck & Kuvert GmbH
Bong is a leading provider of specialised packaging and envelope products in Europe, offering solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are the ProPac packaging concept and Russia. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 3.2 billion and about 2,300 employees in 15 countries. Bong has strong market positions in the majority of key markets in Europe, and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued expansion and development. Bong is a public limited company whose stock is quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stock Exchange Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Anders Davidsson, President and CEO, Bong AB.
+46 (0)40 17 60 00 (main exchange), +46 (0)40 17 60 05 (direct line), +46 (0)70 545 70 80 (mobile).