Interim Report January-March 2017
Earnings for the first quarter developed according to plan. It was also gratifying that the cash flow was strong and that the growth in light packaging continued. Our strategy, to increase the focus on light packaging while working on improving and making the envelope operations more efficient, remains, says Bong’s CEO Håkan Gunnarsson.
January – March 2017
- Net sales decreased with 4 percent to SEK 545 million (567)
- Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 30 million (24)
- Operating profit increased to SEK 19 million (11)
- Non-recurring items amounted to SEK 0 million (430)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 4 million (343)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.01 (1.75)
- Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK 22 million (7)
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.1 billion and about 1,500 employees in 15 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Håkan Gunnarsson, CFO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) 46 44-20 70 00
This information is information that Bong AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 12.30pm CET on May 17 2017.