Year-end Report January-December 2015
"Bong has during the last year completely restructured the company and reduced the number of sites and personnel drastically in order to have a more lean and effective organization to be competitive in the tough envelope market. The rapid increase in paper prices from suppliers during the last year has successfully been passed on to the market to restore our margins. The turnaround is already seen in the figures and our goal to make profit on bottom line for 2016 is still valid", says Bong’s CEO Stéphane Hamelin.
October – December 2015
- Net sales decreased with 9 percent to SEK 613 million (677)
- Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 13 million (37)
- Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -12 million (-90)
- EBIT improved to SEK 1 million (-53)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -13 million (-48)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.08(-0.31)
- Cash flow after investing activities SEK 5 million (91)
January – December 2015
- Net sales decreased with 7 percent to SEK 2,345 million (2,533)
- Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 31 million (21)
- Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -36 million (-144)
- EBIT improved to SEK -5 million (-123)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -64 million (-150)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.41 (-0.96)
- Cash flow after investing activities SEK -75 million (94)
This information is of the kind that Bong AB (publ) are obliged to publish pursuant to the securities market act and/or the act on trade with financial instruments. The information was given for publication at 08.00 am on 18 February 2016.
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e-commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.3 billion and about 1,600 employees in 16 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued expansion and development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Håkan Gunnarsson, CFO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) 46 44-20 70 00