Year-end report January–December 2012
Continued strong sales growth
Quarter October– December 2012
- Net sales totaled SEK 76.3 million (67.7), up 12.7 percent. Changes in the USD and EUR exchange rates had a negative impact of SEK 0.8 million on net sales.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 6.0 million (4.2).
- Profit after tax was SEK 3.3 million (2.1).
- Earnings per share totaled SEK 0.69 (0.45).
Full-year January - December 2012
- Net sales totaled SEK 275.3 million (246.2), up 11.8 percent. Changes in the USD and EUR exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 4.4 million on net sales.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 20.4 million (17.2).
- Profit after tax was SEK 11.0 million (10.1).
- Earnings per share totaled SEK 2.33 (2.48).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 0.50 (0.00) per share for 2012
Key events during and after the fourth quarter of 2012
Increased investments in emerging markets
To increase focus on the Latin American market, a subsidiary has been established in Mexico. The subsidiary will enable Boule to more efficiently meet demands for the company’s products and provide better support to distributors in the region.
Boule also established a sales office in Dubai. The reason is to enable the company to come closer to customers in the attractive emerging markets in the Middle East and Africa.
Change in management in the US subsidiary
The US is the world’s largest market and Boule is capitalizing on this through its subsidiary Clinical Diagnostic Solutions Inc. As part of efforts to increase the efficiency of cooperation between the Swedish and US operations, the Group’s CFO, Fredrik Alpsten, has been appointed Acting President of the US subsidiary. In addition to a continued positive outlook for system sales in the US, we see opportunities for sales of completely new reagents and controls.
For further information, please contact:
|Ernst Westman||Fredrik Alpsten|
|President and Chief Executive Officer||CFO|
|+46-8-744 77 00||+46-8-744 77 00|