Lonsdale's Women's Boxing Takes Off
Women’s boxing grabbed the attention of the nation on its debut as an Olympic sport and the great success of the British women’s boxing team added to the sport’s feel good factor. The women boxers showed that they were fit, confident and every bit as exciting to watch as the men. What’s more, statistics released by the Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) of England show that the number of registered female boxers has increased by more than a quarter since 2009 when the announcement of the sport being included in the Olympics was made.
With more women than ever now taking an interest in and participating in the sport of boxing, iconic British Boxing brand Lonsdale has put together its ‘lowdown’ on the benefits of boxing and boxing training for women:
1. Boxing gives you a full body work out helping you to lose calories, build muscle and tone with ultra fast results
2. Boxing is a fantastic way to improve your reflexes
3. Boxing keeps your mind engaged and can reduce stress
4. Boxing is empowering and increases self confidence in and out of the ring
5. Boxing is FUN! It allows you to achieve your goals whist enjoying yourself.
If you are tempted to get involved simply find your nearest club on the ABA website. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to be fully kitted out with the correct gear before you get started to ensure your safety and to ensure you get the most from your training. Whatever level you are, Lonsdale has all the gear you need to work the ring from gloves and hand wraps to mouth guards and water bottles, together with a full range of training apparel. Find the full range at www.lonsdale.com.