Brighter Half-year report 2017.
The full Half-year report 2017 is available on Brighter's website www.brighter.se. A pdf copy is also attached to this press release.
Half-year report January 1–June 30, 2017.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 21,475 thousand (SEK 12,687 thousand).
- Profit after financial items amounted to SEK -8,077 thousand (SEK –7,509 thousand).
- Earnings per share before dilution SEK -0.15 (-0.17 SEK).
- Earnings per share after dilution -0.15 SEK (-0.17 SEK).
Significant events during the period.
- 6/29/2017 – Brighter participates in Telia’s Digital Healthcare event in Almedalen.
- 6/27/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 6/20/2017 – Brighter invited as speaker for diabetes event with Cambridge Wireless and Cambridge University Health Partners.
- 6/16/2017 – Analysguiden: “Countdown to launch”.
- 6/16/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 5/26/2017 – Trading in warrants series TO3 2017/2020 commences on May 29, 2017.
- 5/19/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 5/16/2017 – Brighter selects AIS & Ericsson to launch the Actiste diabetes solution in Thailand.
- 5/15/2017 – Brighter fully subscribes to Camanio Care’s new issue ahead of expansion in China.
- 5/8/2017 – New reconciliation day for the distribution of free options.
- 5/5/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 4/26/2017 – Brighter secures up to SEK 100 million funding for the launch of Actiste and issues free share warrants to existing shareholders.
- 4/25/2017 – Brighter launches actiste.com and demonstrates for the first time its unique Diabetes Service Actiste at Demo@Vitalis.
- 4/4/2017 – Brighter enters into a partnership with Indonesia Mampu to fight diabetes in Indonesia.
- 3/28/2017 – The Swedish Tax Agency raises the valuation of Brighter’s Camanio Care shares by 60 percent.
- 3/17/2017 – Camanio Care is listed on the AktieTorget exchange.
- 2/20/2017 – Brighter signs an agreement with Sonat for a global logistics solution
- 1/5/2017 – Reconciliation date for the distribution of shares in Camanio Care AB to Brighter's shareholders.
Significant events after the period.
- 8/23/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 8/22/2017 – Brighter's main patent has been approved by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- 8/15/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 8/14/2017 – Settlement with former development partner.
- 8/7/2017 – Brighter strengthens funding for autumn product launch.
- 8/3/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 7/24/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
- 7/13/2017 – Increase in the number of shares in Brighter AB.
A message from the CEO.
These are eventful times at Brighter, as we approach D Day and the launch of Actiste. We’re still working towards our goal of launching before the start of next year, and it’s great to see so many pieces of the puzzle, both large and small, falling into place.
There is no doubt that we’re currently in an exciting phase, but the overriding feeling at the moment is that all the work we are doing is so concrete. We’re now working on 0 series production, securing the subscription pre-orders from the county councils, building up the support organization, and finalizing the packaging design, logistics flows, marketing and communication. We’re also organizing the CE labeling for both the physical device and the digital platform, including the interface and apps for users, relatives, healthcare staff, etc.
Of course, our focus from now on will be on preparing for the launch in Sweden, as well as in Indonesia and Thailand. In June we signed an agreement for the launch in Thailand with its largest operator AIS. The number of diabetics in Thailand is increasing rapidly; in 2015 approximately 4 million people were living with the disease. One of the major reasons why we’ve decided to launch in Thailand is because investments in healthcare are a priority in both the public and private sector. The fact that we have chosen Thailand and Indonesia as the first markets outside Sweden is primarily because of the market conditions there, giving us a great opportunity for us to establish ourselves and Actiste.
As well as these countries, we are also receiving enquiries from other countries and we are currently evaluating and assessing the quality of them. As we revealed in August, our main patent has been approved in the United States. We believe that there is huge potential in the United States because of the high number of diabetics, which is why we are planning on expanding there in the future.
We reached a milestone in the second quarter when we secured a major capital injection, and welcomed a major institutional investor as an owner in the form of L1 Capital at the same time. We have secured up to SEK 100 million of funding through the issuance of convertible notes and up to an additional SEK 115 million through associated warrants. The funding is divided into eight tranches over a period of three years, with SEK 30 million being provided in 2017.
In addition to the investment from L1 Capital, we also received an additional SEK 6.4 million from Recall Capital in July. In total, these investments mean that we now have secured the long-term capital we need to launch Actiste and to produce enough units to meet the initial demand.
It is satisfying to see that we have a growing interest for us as a company and for Actiste. This is shown not least by the fact that we are increasingly invited to speak at events, such as in Cambridge where we were presented how Actiste and The Benefit Loop revolutionize today's diabetes care, as well as Telia's event in Almedalen. As founder and CEO, I am confident that we will meet an exciting and successful autumn!
Truls Sjöstedt, Founder and CEO of Brighter AB
For more information, please contact:
Truls Sjöstedt, CEO
Tel: +46 709 73 46 00
Henrik Norström, COO
Tel: +46 733 40 30 45
About Brighter AB (publ)
Brighter develops solutions for data-driven and mobile health services. Through its intellectual property and its first launch Actiste®, the company creates a more efficient care chain with focus on the individual. The goal is to simplify, streamline and enhance the information flow of relevant and reliable data between the patient and health care professionals. Brighter is initially focused on diabetes care, but there are opportunities in the future to operate on a broader level, spanning more diseases and treatment approaches. This is done through The Benefit Loop®, Brighter’s cloud-based service that continuously collects, analyzes and shares data on the user's terms.
The Company's shares are listed on NASDAQOMX First North/BRIG. Brighter’s Certified Adviser on Nasdaq OMX First North is Remium Nordic AB +46 (0)8 – 454 32 50, CorporateFinance@remium.com, www.remium.com.
This information is information that Brighter AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08:00 CET on August 25 2017.