BROSTRÖM EXPANDS THE EUROPEAN FLEET

BROSTRÖM EXPANDS THE EUROPEAN FLEET Broström declares option for another two vessels · BRO TINA becomes wholly-owned after acquisition of the remaining 55 % in the vessel Broström has together with Erik Thun decided to declare an option to build another two tankers at the shipyard Ferus Smit in the Netherlands. The vessels will be owned by Broström and Erik Thun with 25 % each and they will be sister ships both to BRO GLOBE and BRO GALAXY, 7,600 dwt, delivered earlier this year and to the vessels ordered at the same shipyard at the end of November this year. Delivery of the two newbuildings is scheduled to 2004. With the investments made during the last years Broström has further strengthened its position in the North European tanker market. More than 30 vessels of Broström's total fleet, exceeding 60 vessels, are now operating in the European trade. After delivery of the current newbuildings Broström's fleet in the smaller size segment, 6,000-8,000 dwt, will include eight vessels built during 1999-2004. Since long Broström has owned 45 % in the product tanker BRO TINA, 27,820 dwt, built 1987. The remaining 55 % have now been acquired and therewith the vessel will fly the Swedish flag. Göteborg 20 December 2001 BROSTRÖM AB (publ) For further information: Lennart Simonsson, CEO Broström, tel +46 31 61 61 00 More information about Broström can be found on www.brostrom.se ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2004/01/08/20040108BIT00590/wkr0001.doc http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2004/01/08/20040108BIT00590/wkr0002.pdf

About Us

Broström is one of the leading logistics companies for the oil and chemical industry, focusing on industrial product and chemical tanker shipping and marine services. Broström is based worldwide, with head offices in Göteborg, Sweden.

Subscribe