Nationwide sponsors Business Disability Forum's “Welcoming Disabled Customers” guide
London, UK – Nationwide, the world’s largest building society, announces a two-year sponsorship of Business Disability Forum's (BDF) bestselling guide “Welcoming Disabled Customers”.
Nationwide joined Business Disability Forum as a Member in 1991, and recently upgraded their membership status to Partner. The organisation now joins a host of large public and private organisations in BDF's Partner Group, including BP, Cisco, Fujitsu, Ministry of Defence, NHS Scotland and Sainsbury's.
The Welcoming Disabled Customers guide provides easy to follow, practical advice to frontline customer service staff on how to offer quality service to disabled customers, and insights into the experiences and preferences of disabled customers.
In conjunction with sponsorship of the guide, Nationwide has also committed to providing a customised copy of the guide for every one of its UK branches, as an addition to its 'Helping Hand' boxes. The Helping Hand box contains items such as passbook magnifiers, cheque completion templates and clipboards to help staff to meet the needs of customers with disabilities.
David Goodchild, Director of Membership and Business Development at BDF, said:
"Nationwide's recent upgrade to Partner of BDF and now sponsorship of our most popular guidance for frontline staff demonstrates the organisation's commitment to delivering accessible, hassle-free service for disabled customers. Nationwide has taken this commitment one step further by providing frontline staff with a customised version of the guide that features an encouraging message of support from Julia Dunn, Chief Compliance Officer and Executive Sponsor of Nationwide's Disability Employee Network."
Julia Dunn, Chief Compliance Officer and Executive Sponsor of Nationwide’s Disability Employee Network, said:
“At Nationwide, our members are at the heart of what we do. We want to do the best for them and a vital part of that is ensuring that our disabled members have the best access to our facilities, information and products. We are, therefore, proud Partners of the BDF and delighted to be sponsoring their Welcoming Disabled Customers guide. Our Helping Hand boxes help to make banking with us easier for our disabled members and the inclusion of the guide will play an important part in this.”
Notes to editors:
- BDF is a world leading business membership organisation bringing together large private and public organisations to build increasingly disability smart businesses. Formerly called the Employers’ Forum on Disability, the company has more than twenty years’ experience of working with public and private sector employers and service providers. For more information about BDF please visit: http://businessdisabilityforum.org.uk/about-us.
- For more information on the Welcoming Disabled Customers guide and details of how to order, visit http://businessdisabilityforum.org.uk/advice-and-publications/publications/welcoming-disabled-customers/ or call 020 7403 3020.
- About Nationwide Building Society: Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as one of the largest savings providers and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. It is also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. Nationwide has around 15 million customers. Customers can manage their finances in a branch, via the mobile app, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 17,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.
- For more information on Nationwide's commitment to delivering inclusive services, visit http://your.nationwide.co.uk/your-society/inside-your-society/Pages/ethical-policies.aspx.
- For media enquiries please contact Ashley Teaupa, Interim Communications, Marketing and Events Manager on 020 7089 2463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Teaupa - Interim Communications and Marketing Manager
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 020 7089 2463