Block Watne launches interest rate guarantee for its customers
The interest rate guarantee which is independent of the customers' home financing, applies to the entire contract price and runs for five years.
- We experience that customers are taking more time to make a decision to buy. Higher interest rates have created uncertainty, and the banks now demand the customers to sell their present home in advance of granting loans. We want to secure our customers' investment in a new home, and offer an interest guarantee agreement for purchasing houses in Block Watne development projects, comments CEO Ole Feet in Block Watne.
- Our only demand is that the dwelling must be paid for and taken over by 31 December 2008. The interest rate guarantee agreement offered gives our customers more financial security and makes the loan repayments more predictable. At the same time our customers will still enjoy the benefits of a floating rate when interest rates decline, Ole Feet emphasises.
Facts about the Block Watne interest rate guarantee agreement
- Block Watne guarantees a maximum interest rate ceiling of 6.5 per cent for the entire contract price
- The interest rate guarantee is linked to 1 month NIBOR nominal interest
- The interest rate guarantee runs for five years, from 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2013
- The interest rate guarantee agreement applies to purchases of houses in Block Watne's development projects
- The dwelling must be paid for and taken over by 31 December 2008
- If 1 month NIBOR nominal interest exceeds 6.5 per cent Block Watne pay the customer the difference
- The interest rate guarantee agreement is not linked to customer relationships with specific banks
- It does not necessarily call for having loan financed the property through a bank
- Payment can be made direct to the bank that has made the loan if so preferred
Elisabet Landsend, Corporate communications, BWG Homes ASA, +47 23 24 60 40, +47 952 21 918
BWG Homes develops, sells and constructs residential homes in the Nordic region. The present brands owned by the group are Block Watne and Hetlandhus in Norway, Myresjöhus and SmålandsVillan in Sweden. BWG Homes sells and constructs homes through own residential projects and for individual customers. Ranked as a leading residential house builder in its markets, the group annually completes more than 2 000 new homes. BWG Homes has 1 270 employees. In 2007 the pro forma turnover was NOK 3.2 billion.
BWG Homes develops, sells and constructs residential homes in the Nordic region. The brands owned by the Group are Block Watne and Hetlandhus in Norway, Kärnhem, Myresjöhus and SmålandsVillan in Sweden. Ranked as a leading residential house builder in its markets, the Group annually completes approx. 2 000 new homes through own residential projects and for individual customers. BWG Homes has approx. 1 000 employees. In 2013 the operational turnover was NOK 3.9 billion. BWG Homes is a company in the OBOS Group.