INTERIM REPORT JANUARY-JUNE 2018
During the second quarter, the implementation of the strategic plan continued at a high pace. We have so far this year opened twelve new Byggmax stores, ten Byggmax Garden departments, and continued to develop our ecommerce
business. The initiatives to transform Skånska Byggvaror are executed according to plan.
The initiatives have created positive effects. The new stores have been well received and contribute significantly positively to Byggmax sales growth by the end of the quarter. We can now also conclude that the two growth
initiatives launched during summer 2017, that is a smaller format for smaller towns and the Byggmax Garden department, will be a part of Byggmax´s future offer.
The second quarter was however affected by challenging external factors. The late start to the season had a significant negative impact on sales in April, and raw material prices for timber increased substantially during
spring which affected gross margin negatively. Byggmax Group’s sales decreased 2.5 percent in the quarter, compared to the same period last year, and profitability measured as EBITDA decreased to SEK 168 M (210).
April 1 – June 30
• Net sales amounted to SEK 1,731.2 M (1,775.8), down 2.5 percent.
• Net sales for comparable stores decreased 5.9 percent (down: 0.3).
• The gross margin decreased to 30.2 percent (30.6).
• EBITDA amounted to SEK 168.0 M (210.2). EBITDA excluding nonrecurring items amounted to SEK 166.8 M (210.2).
• EBITDA margin was 9.7 percent (11.8) . EBITDA margin excluding non-recurring items was 9.6 percent (11.8).
• EBIT amounted to SEK 126.6 M (171.8).
• Profit after tax was SEK 96.7 M (132,6).
• Earnings per share totaled SEK 1.6 (2.2).
January 1 – June 30
• Net sales amounted to SEK 2,396.4 M (2,558.4), down 6.3 percent.
• Net sales for comparable stores decreased 9.6 percent (down: 0.1).
• The gross margin increased to 30.7 percent (30,5).
• EBITDA amounted to SEK 110.5 M (186.8). EBITDA excluding nonrecurring items amounted to SEK 100.5 M (186.8).
• EBITDA margin was 4.6 percent (7.3). EBITDA margin excluding nonrecurring items was 4.2 percent (7.3).
• EBIT amounted to SEK 28.6 M (109.9).
• Profit after tax was SEK 18.3 M (81.0).
• Earnings per share totaled SEK 0.3 (1.3).