Quarterly report January-March 2015
- Volume decreased by 9.6 % in the first quarter, primarily explained by the loss of Coop in Sweden. Volume was positively affected by the fact that the majority of the Easter sales was in Q1, while it in 2014 was in Q2.
- Net sales decreased by 3.7 % to MSEK 428.1 (444.7). Measured in constant currency the decrease was 7.6 %
- The underlying EBIT amounted to MSEK 13.9 (9.9), an increase that can be explained by the Easter seasonality effect in combination with a continued positive development in Denmark and the UK.
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to MSEK -22.9 (-84.5) in the first quarter.
- The cooperation with Wilkinson in the UK continues and a new agreement, that is valid until the end of 2018, was entered during the quarter.
”The Easter sales during the first quarter was strong in Norway. We can also see the result of the cost reductions that have been implemented. The profitability of the international business developed positively. There is a continued tough competitive situation in the Swedish market. Given eroding margins driven by the weak Swedish krona, price increases have been implemented in the domestic market during Q1.” says Fredrik von Oelreich, President & CEO at Candyking
This information was made public on the 27th of May 2015, kl. 08.00.
For more information, please contact
Fredrik von Oelreich, President & CEO, +46 (0)8 795 03 00
Candyking was founded in 1984 and is the leading supplier of pick & mix in the Nordic region, the UK & Ireland and Poland. Candyking currently has more than 9,000 retail outlets and offers stores a turnkey concept that includes products, displays and accompanying store and logistic services. Candyking’s confectionery concept and brands are Candyking, Karamellkungen, Premiyum and Candyking Favourites. In addition, Candyking is the leading pick & mix supplier of natural snacks in Sweden and Finland under the Parrot’s brand. In 2015, the company had about SEK 1.8 billion. More information is available at www.candyking.com