Cantargia interim report January – March 2016
Cantargia AB’s (”Cantargia”) interim report for January – March 2016 is available on the company website (www.cantargia.com/Investors/Reports).
Significant events in the first quarter
- Approval from the European Patent Office (EPO) of Cantargia’s patent application for IL1RAP as target for antibody therapy and diagnostics of several types of solid tumours, and patent approvals in Australia, Japan and Mexico for use of IL1RAP as target molecule for antibody treatment of hematological malignancies.
- The second toxicity study of the CAN04 product candidate showed that the treatment did not produce any negative effects on repeated treatment with clinically relevant doses and the results further support the impression that CAN04 will have a good safety in patients.
- Cantargia’s CEO Göran Forsberg made a number of presentations of the Company both internationally and in Sweden.
Significant events after the end of the period
- The company raised approximately SEK 31.4 million before issue costs, through the exercise of warrants of series TO 1 and TO 3.
- An investor presentation at the international BioEquity conference in Copenhagen was given on 10 May 2016 and one will be given at the Småbolagsdagen small cap investor event at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel on 13 June 2016.
- The annual report for the financial year 2015 was published on 29 April 2016 and is available for download on the Company’s website, www.cantargia.com.
First quarter (1 Jan 2016 – 31 Mar 2016)
- Other operating revenue was kSEK 0 (0).
- Earnings after financial items were kSEK -8,097 (-3,627).
- Earnings per share were approximately SEK -0.60 (-0.27).
- The equity/assets ratio was around 78 (89) per cent compared with the beginning of the year.
- Earnings per share: Profit for the period divided by 13,505,874 shares as of 31 March 2016. It should be noted that the number of shares increased by 4,127,260 after the end of the period as a result of the exercise of warrants of series TO 1 and TO 3. Following registration with the Swedish Companies Registration Office, the total number of shares of Cantargia is 17,633,134.
- Equity/assets ratio: Equity divided by total capital.
- Unless otherwise indicated, figures in parentheses refer the same period in the previous year.
For further information, please contact
Göran Forsberg, CEO
Telephone: +46 (0)46 275 62 60