GREATLY IMPROVED PROFITABILITY FOR CARDO 2006
• Inflow of orders: SEK 8,840 million (7.990)
• Net sales: SEK 8,556 (7.880)
• Net earnings: SEK 401 million (147), equivalent to earnings per share of SEK 13.38 (4.91)
The positive trend is continuing for the Cardo group. The fourth quarter saw a growth in orders of 14% adjusted for the effects of exchange rate movements, with a strong trend in Germany and in emerging markets outside Europe. Organic growth was 9%.
Full-year earnings show good growth and greatly improved profitability. The Door & Logistics Solutions, Wastewater Technology Solutions and Residential Garage Doors divisions enjoyed a strong sales trend with improvements in earnings, despite the effect of increased raw material prices during the year. Earnings for Pulp & Paper Solutions were somewhat lower than the previous year.
The effects of the restructuring program exceeded those planned, and the group’s cost level is continuing to decrease.
Results in brief
Tabels included in the attached pdf
• Positive sales trend for all divisions during 2006
• Strong order trend in markets outside Europe, and good order growth in Germany during second half-year
• Increased prices of raw materials partly compensated for by price rises
• New production unit in Romania opening during 2007 in Door & Logistics Solutions
For further information, please contact:
Peter Aru, President and CEO, tel +46 40 35 04 53
Maria Bergving, Senior Vice President Communications and Investor Relations,
tel +46 40 35 04 25, +46 70 602 61 81, firstname.lastname@example.org