Allenex jan-dec: 112,7 msek (98,7) net sales
For the fourth quarter October - December
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 27.4 million (27.5). Sales were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 1.2 million compared to the same period last year. Adjusted for currency effects, the growth rate was 4 percent.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the quarter was SEK 0.6 million (-76.0), with currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 1.4 million on results compared to the same period last year. (In 2011, earnings were impacted by impairment losses of SEK 74.6 million.)
- Operating margin for the quarter was 2 percent.
- Earnings after tax for the quarter was SEK 0.9 million (-71.7).
- Earnings per share for the quarter, basic and diluted, were SEK 0.03 (-0.75).
For the January - December period
- Net sales for the year amounted to SEK 112.7 million (98.7), corresponding to an increase of 14 percent compared to last year. (Olerup GmbH became a part of the group on June 1, 2011). Sales compared to 2011 were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 2.3 million.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the year was SEK 7.9 million (-88.1), with currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 3.7 million on results compared to last year. (2011 results were charged with impairment losses of SEK 74.6 million.)
- Operating margin for the year was 7 percent.
- Earnings after tax for the year was SEK 0.3 million (-504.7). (2011 results were charged with impairment losses of SEK 489.3 million).
- Earnings per share for the year, basic and diluted, were SEK 0.04 (-7.23).
Significant events after the year end
- The Allenex subsidiary AbSorber received an EU grant of EUR 215,000 over a three-year period
- Allenex received a breakthrough order in the U.S. for SBT Resolver™ from a leading HLA typing laboratory. The yearly sales value is estimated at more than SEK 2 million.
CEO Anders Karlsson’s comments on the fourth quarter 2012:
“In 2012, Allenex reset its course to focus on transplantation diagnostics. The organization is now streamlined to underpin the company’s new strategy and adapted to meet the needs of our customers. Sales increased during the year and we achieved a number of key business milestones. We see continued growth in important markets for the company’s largest product Olerup SSP. The roll out of the SBT Resolver™ product line from our Australian partner Conexio Genomics has been intensive and during the year several centers have adopted the product. After the year end, we received a breakthrough order in the U.S., from a major leading transplantation center, with several other key American centers shortly expected to follow suit. We see this as a key launch milestone, with the possibility of gaining other major centers in other parts of the world as customers. Unfortunately, the strong Swedish kronor has had a negative impact on sales, primarily during the second half of 2012.”
For more information please contact:
Anders Karlsson, CEO Allenex AB, ph: +4670-918 00 10, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne Axelsson, CFO Allenex AB ph: +468-508 939 72, e-mail email@example.com
Allenex AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and /or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on Feb 21, 2013, at 14.00 CET. Allenex is a life science-company that develops, manufacture, market and sell products for safer transplants of organs and bone marrow on the global market. Allenex is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Small Cap (ticker: ALNX). 54 persons are employed in the Allenex group.