INTERIM REPORT JANUARY – JUNE 2013
For the April-June period
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 27.2 million (28.7). Sales were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 1.2 million compared to the same period last year.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the quarter was SEK 2.6 million (3.1), with currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 0.5 million on results compared to the same period last year.
- Operating margin for the quarter was 9 percent (11).
- Earnings after tax for the quarter were SEK 2.5 million (1.7).
- Earnings per share for the quarter, basic and diluted were to SEK 0.02 (0.01).
For the January –June period
- Net sales for the period were SEK 54.0 million (58.6). Sales were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 2.2 million compared to the same period last year.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the period was SEK 4.6 million (6.1) with currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 1.5 million on results compared to the same period last year.
- Operating margin for the period was 8 percent (10).
- Earnings after tax for the period were SEK 2.4 million (1.2).
- Earnings per share for the quarter, basic and diluted, were 0.03 (0.01).
Significant events in the second quarter
- Allenex reaches an agreement on the conditions for refinancing all loans.
- Products in HLA-typing approved for sale in Mexico.
- Allenex general manager in the US resigns.
Significant events after the period end
- Allenex receive XM-ONE® approval for sale in Mexico.
Allenex president and CEO Anders Karlsson’s commentary on the first quarter 2013:
”Allenex continues to roll out SBT Resolver™ for sequence based typing from our Australian partner Conexio Genomics, which is a key part of the company’s long-term growth strategy. It is gratifying that we are now seeing the results of our efforts and are able to demonstrate a 15 percent rise in sales in the key U.S. market in the second quarter. We continue to expand sales of typing products from Olerup SSP geographically and during the quarter our products were approved for sale in the Mexico. We immediately kicked off sales through our local distributor in Mexican market. Unfortunately, the strong Swedish krona has impacted sales negatively compared to the corresponding period last year.”
For more information please contact:
Anders Karlsson, CEO Allenex AB, ph: +4670-918 00 10, e-mail: email@example.com
Yvonne Axelsson, CFO, tel: +46 (8) 508 939 72 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Allenex AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and /or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on August 29, 2013, at 14:00 CET. Allenex is a life science-company that develops, manufacture, market and sell products for safer transplants of organs and bone marrow on the global market. Allenex is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Small Cap (ticker: ALNX). 54 persons are employed in the Allenex group.