cartime’s Matt Kay Unveils Plans for £Multimillion Car Supersite in Bury, Greater Manchester
The investment, which has just been awarded planning permission from Bury Metropolitan Borough Council, will see cartime transformed into an iconic car supersite, with a showroom to rival the likes of Audi, BMW and other prestige-brand franchised dealerships.
Its state-of-the-art facilities will make it the first of its kind in Greater Manchester. The new complex will house a spacious dealer showroom with space for 40 vehicles, a welcoming reception where visitors can enjoy complimentary refreshments, plus a unique and luxurious brand experience area. A focal glass lift leading to the first floor will take buyers to a customer service lounge, where they can experience first-hand the cartime ethos; ‘a new way to buy a used car’.
The size of the main showroom will double; the ground floor alone will cover a whopping 14,000sq ft, and the plans also will bring a hefty boost to Bury’s economy. Not only will the project bring in around 20 new jobs within the company itself, Kay plans to contract all building work to local businesses.
Of the plans, Matt Kay said: “Thanks to a surge in customer demand, we’ve completely run out of space! Thankfully, now that we’ve received planning permission, we can begin work to rebuild the showroom. It’s exciting because the new space will allow us to continue to invest in the customer experience at cartime. We want to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere, enhancing the buying process to a level never-before-seen within a used car dealership.”
“It’s not just about shopping – our customers often purchase two- or three-year warranties from cartime, so we want to create a nice place to wait – whether you’re buying a car or just getting yours serviced. That’s why we’ve worked with Fletcher Smith Architects to focus on fun features and luxury within the design.”
Fletcher Smith Architects is the team behind Europe’s largest dealership, the Volkswagen/Audi site in Stockport. Of the partnership Matt said; “We want cartime to be the biggest and best used-car supersite in the country so it made sense to enlist the services of the architects behind some of Europe’s largest dealerships to design our new showroom.”
Despite the size and scale of the project, it’ll be business as usual down during the rebuild. cartime has planned the project strategically, so as to minimise disruption for customers. Building of the 12-month project is expected to begin in the first months of 2017, with date of completion estimated to be early 2018.
For more information, associated images or to arrange an interview with Matt Kay, please contact Canada Berryman at K2L Marketing: canada@K2L.co.uk or call 0161 848 9008.
Notes for Editors:
1. These plans follow other recent developments at cartime, including:
- Recent planning permission granted for a state-of-the-art Collection Centre on Bell Lane.
- Recent purchase of a 70,000 sq foot warehouse designed for vehicle preparation.
- Recent purchase of an adjacent warehouse for more space to display cars.
2. cartime was founded in 2012 by Matt Kay. It specialises in selling prestige used cars (BMWs, Mercedes, Audi etc.) and is one of the biggest independent used car dealerships in the North West with over 700 cars onsite.
3. cartime should always be spelled will a lower case ‘c’.
4. Since it began trading, cartime’s turnover has increased exponentially to £15 million in 2014. The company is projected to turn over £40 million by 2017 thanks to the expansion plans.