Library shares information to help Morrison library users prepare for upcoming renovation
As you may be aware, Morrison is next in line for some exciting renovations that will allow us to serve you and Mecklenburg County in even better ways. We are able to bring you these changes based on your feedback, and with the help of funding from Mecklenburg County.
This message serves as a reminder that Morrison Library will close to the public on July 30. We anticipate reopening in 2017 with your refreshed library and an open door.In the meantime, we know that this closure may impact your use of the Library. Please know that we are doing everything we can to bring you convenient Library access though our other 19 locations, programs at alternate locations and digital offerings.
During the closure, we hope that you will continue to use Library services by connecting with another branch for browsing, borrowing, classes/workshops, storytimes, and the many other ways you use us.
Our goal is to welcome you back to the new and improved Morrison next year more connected and engaged with the Library than you are today.
This is the first of a series of communications you will receive from the Library with information that will help you understand service options during the closure and remain engaged with the Library.
Read on for important information about your Library account, as well as other updates you may find useful.
- Morrison as a holds pick-up location: You may have noticed that Morrison Regional Library is no longer listed online as a hold pick-up location. We did that to make it easier for you because starting July 15, Morrison will no longer receive or distribute reserved items.
- Receiving items at an alternate location: Since South County Regional Library is the closest library for many of our Morrison users, South County has been selected as the default library holds pick-up location for reserved items after July 15.
- What if I don't want to pick up my holds from South County? We realize that not everyone will want to pick up their holds from South County. You can make a different holds choice before July 15 with the assistance of any library staff member at Morrison or any Charlotte Mecklenburg Library location, or by phone to the Library at (704) 416-5400.
- Attending Storytimes: Storytimes will continue at nearby community locations. Two storytimes for ages 0-5 years old will be held each Monday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Carmel Presbyterian Church (2048 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226) and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Sharon Presbyterian Church (5201 Sharon Road Charlotte, NC 28210). Other storytimes are offered at various times at our 19 other library locations at www.cmlibrary.org.
- Returning books and materials to a Morrison book-drop: After July 30, Morrison will no longer be a book drop location. Items can be dropped off at any of our other 19 libraries.
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Want to learn more about our Building Projects? Click here.