Interim report, Q1 January – March 2013
* Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 1,127m (1,084).
* Operating profit was SEK 58m (6).
* Underlying EBIT was SEK 91m (47). The improvement is driven by realised synergies, factory restructurings and the price increases introduced during 2012.
* Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK –33m (–53) and consist of costs for the factory restructurings and integration activities.
* Cash flow from operating activities was SEK –16m (–35).
* The integration process has been essentially completed from an operational standpoint, which means that earlier communicated savings of SEK 65m will be realized during 2013.
* The factory restructurings are proceeding according to plan.
* During the quarter, the factory in Aura, Finland, was closed and sold and the factory in Alingsås was sold. The previously communicated restructuring of warehousing operations in Scandinavia has also been completed.
* Starting with this report, Cloetta will report EBIT rather than EBITA due to very small amortisation of intangible assets. The financial target of 14% EBITA margin will apply to EBIT.
Jacob Broberg, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, 46 70-190 00 33
Danko Maras, Chief Financial Officer, 46 8-52 72 88 08
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionary company in the Nordic region, the Netherlands, and Italy. In total, Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. Cloetta owns some of the strongest brands on the market, such as Läkerol, Cloetta, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, Saila, Red Band and Sperlari. Cloetta has 10 production units in five countries. Cloetta’s class B-shares are traded on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. More information about Cloetta is available on www.cloetta.com