Correction: CLX Communications AB Interim Report Q4 2015/2016
Corrected telephone number for conference call.
CLX Communications AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: CLX) today reported its results for the fourth quarter of its financial year (2015/2016).
Fourth quarter, April – June 2016
- Net sales increased by 24 percent to SEK 290.3 million (234.4). Adjusted for foreign exchange fluctuations the growth was 26 percent.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK -1.0 million (10.1).
- EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability amounted to SEK 12.0 million (16.4). 
- EBIT amounted to SEK -2.9 million (8.5).
- Net profit for the quarter amounted to SEK -5.8 million (2.9).
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.18 (0.10).
July 2015 – June 2016
- Net sales increased by 27 percent to SEK 1,074.2 million (844.4). Adjusted for foreign exchange fluctuations the growth was 24 percent.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 65.7 million (93.1).
- EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability amounted to SEK 92.7 million (89.1). 
- EBIT amounted to SEK 58.7 (88.7).
- Net profit for the period amounted to SEK 41.9 million (52.9).
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.25 (1.77).
Significant events during the quarter
- The company signed a binding agreement for the acquisition of Mblox Inc.
- Extraordinary general meetings resolved on a rights issue to partly finance the acquisition of Mblox Inc. and amendment of the financial year to the calendar year from 1 January 2017. This means that the current financial year will be extended to 18 months.
- During the quarter the Operator Division has had very good order intake and has signed a number of significant deals, including business with a leading mobile phone operator in the Middle East. This deal is worth approximately SEK 32 million and will be recognized as revenue in pace with completion of the project during the next quarters. In addition, the Operator Division closed other deals in the quarter representing approximately SEK 20 million, which will also be recognized as revenue over the coming quarters.
Significant events after the end of the period
- The acquisition of Mblox Inc. was completed on July 11 and will be included in the Group’s financial statements from this date. The purchase price was USD 117 million on a debt-free basis. At 31 December 2015, Mblox employed 188 people and had sales in 2015 of USD 140 million with EBITDA of USD 6.9 million. Through this acquisition, CLX strengthens its position as one of the global leaders in cloud-based communications services for enterprises and organizations.
- To partially finance the acquisition of all shares in Mblox Inc. the company completed a preferential rights issue of 16,216,215 shares to existing shareholders. The issue provided the company with approximately SEK 624 million before issue costs.
- The company has also raised new interest-bearing credit facilities of approximately SEK 400 million in order to finance the remainder of the purchase price.
1) For a specification of items affecting comparability, see under “Operating profit” on page 5 in the report.
Invitation to report presentation
The report will be presented at a phone conference at 10:00 a.m. on August 23. To listen to the presentation, please call +46 (0) 8 525 00 187, stating conference ID 672-050-918. To also be able to ask questions, please follow the meeting online at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7774116032550703363 (Webinar ID: 820-856-923).
For additional information please contact:
Odd Bolin – CFO
+46-8-32 75 10
Thomas Ahlerup – Investor Relations Officer
About CLX Communications
CLX was founded in 2008 with a mission to simplify communications globally. CLX has since then developed into a leading provider of cloud-based communications services and solutions to enterprises and mobile operators, with particular strength in the enterprise messaging market. Mobile communications services from CLX make it possible for enterprises to communicate globally with people and connected devices (Internet of Things, IoT) swiftly, securely and cost-effectively. CLX’s solutions enable business-critical communication worldwide via mobile messaging services, voice services and mobile data connectivity services for IoT. CLX has over 3,000 enterprise customers globally, including a large number of global blue-chip enterprises, and over 70 Communications Service Provider customers (of which approximately 60 are mobile operators) that have installed and use CLX’s internally developed software-based communications platform in their businesses.
CLX has demonstrated strong financial performance since its inception in 2008 and has increased its revenues from SEK 416 million in the twelve months ended June 30, 2013 to SEK 844 million in the twelve months ended June 30, 2015, corresponding to a compound annual growth rate of 42 per cent. For the twelve months ended June 30, 2015, CLX reported EBITDA of SEK 93 million and EBIT of SEK 89 million, corresponding to an EBIT margin of approximately 10.5 per cent.
For more information see www.clxcommunications.com