LA RAZON, OTHER NATIONAL NEWS OUTLETS COVER MEDICAL MARIJUANA, INC.’S HISTORIC ROLE IN SHAPING NEW CANNABIS MARKET IN MEXICO
Medical Marijuana, Inc. Featured in La Razon Cover Story After Mexico’s Health Agency COFEPRIS Approves 20 Additional Import Permits for RSHO-X™
San Diego, CA – May 24, 2016 – Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA) announced today that the Company garnered a May 23 cover story in the Mexican newspaper La Razon, which came after Mexico’s federal health agency COFEPRIS approved 20 additional import permits for Real Scientific Hemp Oil-X™ (RSHO-X™) on Friday, May 20.
The “La Razon” article titled, “Mariguana Medicinal en México, negocio de 12 mil millones de dólares (Medical Marijuana in Mexico, a $12 billion business),” highlights the hemp cannabidiol (CBD) market potential in Mexico and Medical Marijuana Inc.’s role in helping the people of Mexico achieve access to CBD products for health and wellness. According to Dr. Stuart Titus, CEO of Medical Marijuana, Inc., in the next 10-20 years a single medical treatment based on CBD could replace 40 percent of the drugs currently on the market for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
“We are proud that our CBD product, without THC, is the first-ever cannabis product to be approved by the federal authorities in Mexico for import,” said Dr. Titus. “Our goal is to continue to educate the medical, scientific community and general population about the benefits of the plant and advocate for medical cannabis access in Mexico and across the world.”
- La Razon: http://www.razon.com.mx/spip.php?article308401
- Proyecto Puente: http://proyectopuente.com.mx/2016/05/19/la-cofepris-ha-entregado-48-permisos-uso-cannabidiol/
- Linea Ejecutiva: http://lineaejecutiva.com.mx/nacional/cofepris-ha-entregado-48-permisos-para-uso-de-cannabidiol/
- El Siglo de Torreon: https://www.elsiglodetorreon.com.mx/noticia/1225800.suman-48-permisos-para-el-cannabidiol.html
- El Heraldo: http://heraldo.mx/suman-48-permisos-para-el-cannabidiol/
- Zocalo Saltillo: http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/van-48-permisos-de-cannabis-medicinal-1463729488
- Despertar: https://issuu.com/despertardeoaxaca/docs/despertar_20_de_mayo_2016
- Nayarit en Linea: http://www.nayaritenlinea.mx/2016/05/20/aumentan-permisos-para-el-uso-medico-de-la-marihuana-en-mexico?vid=87550
Other Mexico news outlets continued coverage of the documentary “Crisis,” which highlights the recent historic events in Mexico on cannabis legalization laws, families’ attempts to access cannabis for their children’s health conditions and the story of the first family in Mexico to sue the federal government and win the right to import Medical Marijuana Inc.’s CBD hemp oil RSHO-X™:
- Animal Politico: http://www.animalpolitico.com/2016/05/crisis-un-documental-sobre-la-necesidad-de-la-mariguana-medicinal-en-mexico/
- Vanguardia Mix: http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/crisis
- Mural: http://www.mural.com/aplicacioneslibre/articulo/default.aspx?id=845846&md5=66cb3da62e39e60f5efcf3799b428168&ta=0dfdbac11765226904c16cb9ad1b2efe
- El Norte: http://www.elnorte.com/aplicacioneslibre/preacceso/articulo/default.aspx?id=845844&urlredirect=http://www.elnorte.com/aplicaciones/articulo/default.aspx?id=845844
- Zocalo Saltillo: http://zocaloalminuto.com/nota.php?id=2568
- Reforma: http://busquedas.gruporeforma.com/reforma/Libre/VisorNota.aspx?id=1816706%7cArticulosCMS&md5=2ac91d333eb9ac6328a840a4391c9c69
For more information on Medical Marijuana, Inc. and the portfolio company brands that it promotes, visit the Company's website at www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
For instructions on how to begin the RSHO-X™ import process, contact COFEPRIS for details. For information on RSHO-X™ product availability in Mexico, click here to register with HempMeds® Mexico website at http://hempmeds.mx/ or to speak with a HempMeds® Mexico representative contact the customer service department at:
For further information, please contact:
Public Relations contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Toll Free: 888-OTC-MJNA (888-682-6562)
About Medical Marijuana Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For details on Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s portfolio and investment companies, visit www.medicalmarijuanainc.com.
The Company is committed to consistently providing the highest-quality CBD hemp oil products on the market. To see Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s video statement, click here. Shareholders are also encouraged to visit the Medical Marijuana, Inc. Shop for discounted products.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Medical Marijuana Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). These companies do grow, sell, and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.