WinZip® for Windows 8 App Offers New Cloud and Social Media Sharing
Update Adds Support for Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, LinkedIn and Twitter
Maidenhead, UK – Tuesday 12 February, 2013 – WinZip Computing, a Corel company, has introduced an update to WinZip® for Windows 8, offering new options that make it easy to access, manage and safely share files from your Windows RT device. With direct integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, the new WinZip for Windows 8 enables you to interact with multiple cloud services and social media channels – all from one easy-to-use, modern app. Users can start with a 15-day free trial and then subscribe for just $7.99 a year.
WinZip for Windows 8 enables you to manage all your file sharing accounts including ZipShare™, ZipSend™, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Dropbox, SkyDrive and Google Drive from a single convenient location.
- Remove the challenges typically associated with sharing files across your accounts, systems and devices in the modern Windows RT environment. WinZip for Windows 8 lets you take advantage of WinZip compression, encryption and extensive cloud service integration to open .zip and .zipx files from the cloud; save .zip and .zipx files to your cloud accounts; add files and folders from your cloud accounts to your zips; and unzip files directly to your cloud accounts.
- Use banking-level AES encryption to secure confidential files from prying eyes, whether they’re sent by email, shared online or stored on your system.
- Easily email large files by zipping your attachments or send them using the integrated ZipSend file delivery service.
- Securely share any type of file and rich content on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with ZipShare.
- Use the Windows 8 ‘Share’ charm to deliver zipped files to your contacts through email, social media or other apps.
- Compress large files or entire folders for faster transfer and to save space on your device. New support for .zipx enables the best compression for files including JPEGs.
“The new WinZip for Windows 8 simplifies file sharing on Windows 8 devices by giving users a central hub for all your file sharing needs. With its simple, modern design and the power of WinZip under the hood, this app makes it easy to access and send files from your Windows RT devices – saving everyday frustrations and making you more productive,” said Patrick Nichols, President of WinZip.
The new WinZip for Windows 8 is available now through the Windows Store for an annual subscription of $7.99. Try it free for 15 days: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-GB/app/winzip/62208b9e-fbb1-4a46-b085-4fd8f834ecc5
For users on the Windows desktop, WinZip’s flagship application, WinZip 17, offers unmatched power to manage, protect and share files across all the ways we connect today - the cloud, social media and email. For more information on WinZip 17, please visit www.winzip.com.
Join the Conversation
About WinZip Computing
Since its introduction in 1991, WinZip has been recognized as the leading provider of file compression technology. WinZip Computing, a Corel company, offers WinZip®, the world's most popular Zip utility, and other innovations including the ZipShare™ social media sharing service, the ZipSend™ file delivery service, WinZip apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8, and WinZip® Mac Edition. For more information about WinZip, please visit www.winzip.com.
Copyright © 2013 WinZip Computing SL. All Rights Reserved. Corel, the Corel logo and the Corel balloon logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. WinZip, the WinZip logo, ZipSend and ZipShare are trademarks or registered trademarks of WinZip International LLC. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
UK, Benelux & Nordics
+44 1628 589850