Caravanners are a patriotic bunch says caravan insurance broker
With the UK actually having a summer this year, meaning people can get out and about and enjoy the weather, Cover4Caravans - the caravan insurance specialists – asked their customers about their caravanning habits
- nearly half of their customers (49%) use their caravan more than 5 times a year;
- the West Country in the UK is the most popular holiday hotspot, followed by Scotland;
- those that travel abroad favour France, then Spain;
- the Sprite caravan was the most popular brand of first caravan ever owned, followed by Bailey and then Elddis;
- asked what was their dream caravan would be, the Bailey was the most popular choice, followed by Coachman.
Richard Burgess, Director at Cover4Caravans, says: “In recent years, we forget that we actually have a summer in the UK, as prolonged sunshine has been rare. That said, caravanners are a hardy bunch with almost half of our customers using their caravans so frequently. We also thought it would be interesting to see what brand of caravan our customers preferred and it was reassuring to see most customers chose to buy British.
“So not only do most of them holiday in the UK, they would prefer to buy British too, even if money was no object - a patriotic bunch indeed!"
*Carried out on behalf of Cover4Caravans by SurveyMonkey August 2013
Richard Burgess, MCIM, Director at Cover4Caravans, telephone: 0845 863 9558, or email: email@example.com
With roots going back to 1946, our clients can benefit from 66 years’ of experience in the caravan insurance marketplace. We are independent intermediaries and act on behalf of our clients in arranging their caravan insurances. Our service includes advising clients on their insurance needs, arranging insurance cover with insurers to meet those requirements and help with any ongoing changes that have to be made to your caravan insurance policies.