Study shows cost of caravanning holidays has increased its popularity
The latest research* from caravan insurance specialists Cover4Caravans.co.uk has revealed that caravanning is still a firm favourite, with nearly three-quarters (74%) of Brits saying they have stayed, or plan to stay in, a caravan within the coming year.
The study compared results to the same set of questions asked two years ago**, to see whether perceptions of caravanning, as well as destinations, have changed.
The survey showed:
- 78% have caravanned in the UK, while 18% have holidayed both in the UK and abroad;
- 24% have been to Wales on a caravanning holiday;
- 8% of people have been to Europe in a caravan – a 2% decrease since March 2013**;
- compared to two years ago, only 12% of people were worried about the cost of a caravan holiday (previously it was 24%);
- the most prolific caravanners live in the Midlands and Scotland;
- when asked what they liked best about caravanning, respondents cited the cost, followed by “being great for kids” then “no airport hassle”.
The most common reason cited by 30% for not wanting to go on a caravan holiday was that the facilities are “too basic” compared to 49% in March 2013. 10% said that caravanning has a stigma attached to it (previously this was 8%).
*Independent research carried out on behalf of Cover4Caravans by Usurv, March 2015
**Independent research carried out on behalf of Cover4Caravans by Usurv, March 2013
Richard Burgess, MCIM , ACIEH, Director at Cover4Caravans, telephone: 0845 863 9558 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With roots going back to 1946, our clients can benefit from nearly 70 years' of experience in the caravan insurance marketplace. We are independent intermediaries and act on behalf of our clients in arranging their caravan insurances. Our service includes advising clients on their insurance needs, arranging insurance cover with insurers to meet those requirements and help with any ongoing changes that have to be made to your caravan insurance policies.