Securing Asia 2012
The Asian Homeland Security and Counter-Terror Conference
About Securing Asia
Securing Asia 2012 is a first of its kind initiative. A unique opportunity for the Asian Security sector to interact in a neutral forum with Western solution providers of all sizes from prime contractors to SMEs, Securing Asia 2012 will host Government delegates, renowned academics and leading businessmen for a unique three day intelligence, technology and trade Summit.
Venue: Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London
Dates: 25th -27th June, 2012
The market for service providers in Homeland Security has become one of the largest business opportunities in recent times. The Washington Post in 2010 estimated ‘The Homeland Security business opportunities over the next decade in India alone are in excess of $1 trillion'. For Asia overall that assessment can easily be tripled. As the driver of the world economy, Asia has new and complex security requirements, which bring with them fresh challenges, as well as fresh opportunities.
Asian Homeland Security is a current and imperative issue being discussed globally by governments, academics and business communities alike. This exclusive 3 day Summit, hosted in London, will offer attendees a unique insight into the varied needs and challenges faced by the Indian Subcontinent, Russia and Central Asian states, the Gulf and Middle East, and South East and East Asia, in the area of homeland security and counter terrorism. It will address their individual and distinct mind-sets and cultural/political and commercial concerns, and place them within a global perspective.
Asia is emerging as the centre for growth in the 21st century and in its wake this brings disparity, as the underdeveloped world progresses into a developed economy. This requires a huge transition in the homeland security space, from mere policing through to law enforcement and counter terror operations.
Securing Asia 2012 will see over 600 suppliers and buyers come together to participate in a high level Conference and Exhibition with bespoke matchmaking opportunities and facilitated one-to-one meetings, dedicated to connecting Western Security technology providers with senior Government representatives, industry, consultants and distributors from across Asia.
The event will serve as the meeting ground for innovative technologies and some of the world’s leading security experts. With a focus towards the tough and demanding Asian market, this Summit will give an in-depth insight into the current situation and emerging security needs of Asian countries. Understanding the procurement process is key to doing successful business in this nascent market, and will be a key theme of Securing Asia 2012.
Procurement in the Asian Homeland Security sector can be complex, often involving a labyrinth of fragmented federal and provincial agencies split across police, paramilitary, government, private and public infrastructure stakeholder groups. Therefore Securing Asia 2012 will host various provincial and federal agencies from across Asia concerned with homeland security in order to clarify the process and assist in an understanding of legally and ethically compliant practices.
In all areas, political, academic and commercial, Securing Asia will provide an arena for a comprehensive expert dissection of Asia’s Homeland Security and Counter Terror challenges, needs, and opportunities in the new age.
Interview and Comment: Major Chris Hunter QGM, who retired from the army as the MOD’s senior IED intelligence analyst, and was awarded the Queen’s Gallantry Medal by HM Queen Elizabeth II for his actions in Iraq, is a Fellow of Security Watch UK, and is available for comment and interviews regarding Securing Asia 2012.
Speakers include, but are not limited to:
- Rt. Hon. Jack Straw MP Member of Parliament (UK), Former Home and Foreign Secretary UK
- Professor Sir Lawrence Freedman Professor of War Studies and Vice Principal King's College London
- Professor Anatol Lieven Professor of War Studies, King’s College London, renowned journalist and author
- Mr. Stephen P Cohen Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy, 21st Century Defence Initiative, The Brookings Institution, Washington
- Mr. Patrick Mercer OBE MP Member of Parliament (UK), Former Colonel. Author & Media Columnist
- Mr. S R Mehra, IPS (Retd.) Former Secretary, Security, Government of India
- Prof. Sunil Khilnani, Director of the King's College London's India Institute and Professor of Politics
- Hagai M. Segal, UK-based academic, consultant/analyst and commentator, specialising in the Middle East and related affairs, geo-strategic issues, terrorism;
- Mr. Maroof Raza, Mentor, Security Watch India,Author & Media Commentator
- Lina Kolesnikova, Associate of CS&A, Risk and Crisis Management Consultancy
- Maj. Chris Hunter QGM, CEO, Kratos Enterprises Limited UK, IED & Bomb Disposal Expert
- Mr Tarique Ghaffur, QPM, CBE, Former Assistant Commissioner, Metropolitan Police Force, London
- Dr. Stephen J Blank, Expert on Soviet Block, Strategic Studies Institute
- Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik, Chief Belief Officer, Future Group
- Dr. Amitav Acharya, Professor of International Relations at the School of International Service, American University, Washington, DC.
- Dr Jack Caravelli, Director & Founder, Institute of Applied Sciences, former C IA Soviet strategic forces analyst
- Mr. Kumar Ramakrishna, Associate Professor – Head of Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS) at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Singapore
- Mr. Wajid Shamsul Hasan, Pakistan’s High Commissioner to the UK, previously advisor to PM Benazir Bhutto, and renowned journalist.
Delegations have been confirmed from the following countries, and additional confirmations are expected:
- Sri Lanka
- Anti-piracy, Aviation Security, Building & Facilities Protection, Border Security, CBRNe, City & Community Security, Counter Terror Solutions, Cyber Security, Emergency/Disaster Management/Response, Fraud Prevention, Maritime Security Solutions, MOD/Intelligence/Armed Forces, Police & Law Enforcement, Protection of Critical National Infrastructure, Surveillance, Training & Consultancy, Transportation Security Solutions
- Security Advisory and Consultancy Companies
- Security Defence Integration Companies
- Security Equipment Manufacturers and Providers
About the Organisers
Securing Asia 2012 is organised and hosted by , partner of Security Watch India (SWI) a leading global, non-partisan, research based organisation and business facilitator, with offices in London, Washington DC and across India. SWI's work actively promotes and enables international partnerships to combat the threat of terrorism and improve Asian Homeland Security.
aims to improve and facilitate security consciousness among citizens, industry and governments globally.
Securing Asia 2012 Steering Committee
- Patrick Mercer OBE, MP
- Richard Kemp CBE
- Tarique Ghaffur QPM, CBE
- Maj. Chris Hunter QGM
- John Pendlebury, Green TD
- Maroof Raza
- Mick Hanley
is a registered trademark owned by Global Energy Pvt. Ltd.
For more information, press passes and interview opportunities please contact:
Samyra Rashid | Account Manager | Curzon PR
t: +44 (0)20 73992438
Curzon Public Relations
28 Grosvenor Street