Night Tube drives up property demand in Waltham Forest
London’s property market has always been one of the most prosperous. Surging demand has resulting in prices rocketing and there actually being more buyers than there are properties. However one of the most important additions to the City in recent years, has contributed to the borough of Waltham Forest being one of the most sought-after areas in the whole of London.
eMoov.co.uk, the award-winning online estate agent, is highlighting how great demand has increased for property in the area over the last 12 months due to the introduction of the Night Tube. Leytonstone, as well as the immediate areas close to Walthamstow Central Station and Blackhorse Road Station are high in demand. Demand is currently standing at 60 percent, 54 percent and 63 percent respectively, which compares to the Central Line’s average of 35 percent and the Victoria Line’s 33 percent demand. Located firmly on the Central and Victoria Lines, the eastern areas are located in Zone 3, so are perfectly placed for commuters, providing easy access to central London.
Russel Quirk, Founder and CEO of eMoov, says, “Waltham Forest is really coming into its own. With local amenities, green spaces and excellent transport links, there’s no wonder the area’s prices have increased significantly recently.”
Property prices in the in the areas are on average £452,000 – which is well above the national average, but much lower than the average price of a property across the Central line, which currently stands at £858,034, and could be contributing to demand as buyers will get more for their money than the more expensive areas.
“Areas in Waltham Forest may not have once been at the top of people’s lists,” adds Russel. “However thanks to transport developments and investment, the borough is now one of the most desirable places in the whole of London, and as a result, property prices look set to increase from here on in.”
To find out more about eMoov, visit the website: www.emoov.co.uk
NOTES TO EDITOR
• eMoov is the UK’s most successful and recognised Hybrid Estate Agent offering to sell properties for fees of just £679
• eMoov has sold over 5,000 properties since it launched
• eMoov are backed by VC firm Episode 1
• Russell Quirk is the founder of eMoov and widely recognised by the media for his expertise within the property market
• Russell is a third generation estate agent and after running the family business of 5 independent estate agents he sold them to start eMoov in 2010
• In 2014 and 2015 eMoov won the allagents.co.uk Best Customer Service Award, testament to their approach of being the digital disruptor offering fantastic value and outstanding customer service
Contact the eMoov media team on firstname.lastname@example.org for exclusive interviews and property insight.