Casual Dining previews new innovations for 2015
Casual Dining – the award winning trade event for the UK’s casual dining sector, has released its first preview of some of the new products being showcased this year.
Returning to the Business Design Centre in London on 25-26 February, Casual Dining caters specifically to the business needs of casual dining operators (including multiple and independent pubs, bars, and restaurants). Thanks to a 45% increase in space for 2015, taking the show up to the venue’s upper feature level for the first time, there will now be over 170 exhibiting companies showcasing an innovative choice of food and drink, to equipment, interior design, furniture, technology and table top.
To date, over 90% of exhibition space is already sold out and visitor pre-registrations are currently tracking around 10% ahead.
Recently confirmed new exhibitors include Coca-Cola Enterprises, Liberty Wines, Bermar International (with its award-winning Le Verre de Vin wine preservation technology), Grape DNA, independent brewery Broughton Ales, Scotch whisky specialist Gordon & MacPhail, catering butcher and wholesaler Hensons, frozen vegetable company Pinguin Foods, and Ambican packaging.
Other new exhibitors set to make their Casual Dining debut include Young’s Seafood, Britvic Soft Drinks, d'Arta, Delice de France, Beechdean Ice Cream, MDC Foods, Miller Brands, Harry Brompton's Alcoholic Ice Tea, Tudor Tea & Coffee, rexmartins, Ambach Ali Spa, Frima International, GS Systems, TM Electronics, and Eat Marketing.
Returning exhibitors include Reynolds, Fresh Direct, Plus Foods, Pan’Artisan, Pidy, Lamb Weston, McCormick Flavour Solutions, Essential Cuisine, DiSotto Foods, McCain Foodservice, Karamix UK, Joe Delucci's, Mom’s Fabulous Foods, Taylors of Harrogate, Sipsmith, Metro Drinks, London Velvet, Eden Contract Furniture, Unox UK, Gram UK Limited – Commercial Refrigeration, Quintex Systems (energy saving ventilation control systems), Purified Air, KOBAS, Winterhalter and Eau de Vie, Magrini and more.
The following is just a taste of some of the latest innovations on show next month:
- Stokes Sauces is launching a new sachet range exclusively at Casual Dining. The new range features eight of their most popular products, plus there’s also a new range of Barbecue sauces.
- AAK foodservice is showcasing its newly launched Uncle John’s Signature Hot Dogs. Ben Bartlett, champion BBQ’er and President of the British BBQ Association, will also be on-stand hosting demos in the AAKitchen.
- North Yorkshire brewer Rooster's Brewing Co is launching a new range of canned beers, including Yankee (its flagship pale ale), Fort Smith (an American-style pale ale) and Baby-Faced Assassin (an India Pale Ale).
- Purbeck Ice Cream is launching three new flavours at the show. Locally grown Wasabi, infused within fresh milk and cream, and aromatic Sweet Fennel are the latest additions to its ‘Spice Rack’ range, plus there’s also a new zingy Blood Orange Sorbet.
- New to the foodservice market, JDM Food group is launching a new Gastro Range to its JUST ADD brand. The new range includes Garlic, Ginger, and Chili in 1kg catering sizes (with further launches planned over the coming year).
- L’Aquila Importers and Distributors is launching its new Sorriso Roasted Tomatoes ‘Au Natural’. This clean label, ambient product contains no oil, salt, or preservatives.
- Paramount 21 will be introducing its new vegetarian options at the show, including Sweetcorn Fritters, Falafel Hot Dogs, Trio of Arancini, and Mac n Cheese Croquettes. There’s also a new frozen seafood mains range, including West Country Fish Penang Curry, West Country Kedgeree and a Seafood Lasagne.
- Farm Frites is launching its new ‘Let’s Go Mini’ range of Potato Mini Bites. The eight-strong mini range includes mashed potato cubes, hash browns, and shredded potato waffles.
- Glen Dimplex Professional Appliances is launching Burco’s new Convection Oven range. Featuring a countertop model, a large single phase model, and a powerful three phase unit, the range is fully gastronorm compatible, and has a 60°-260°c working temperature.
- Gamble Foodservice Solutions is showcasing the new Ovention Shuttle oven (recently launched in the UK). It boasts all the flexibility of the Matchbox plus the throughput of a conveyor.
- MemSec EPoS (Active Workspace) is debuting its new version of MemSec EPoS at the show. MemSec7 offers faster, more flexible performance, a more user-friendly back office interface, and remote access without the risks of cloud based data.
- Buying specialist Lynx Purchasing is launching the 2015 edition of its Casual Dining Report. Building on the success of the 2014 edition, the 2015 report will spotlight the latest trends in the eating out market, bringing together data from a wide range of sources to create a user-friendly, graphic guide designed to help visitors navigate around the show.
New show features include a second theatre – dedicated to Drinks Innovation (including menus, tastings, and the latest market research). Also new is the Speciality Wine Village, which joins the Craft Beer & Cider Showcase and sold out Artisan Spirit and Cocktail Lounge.
The Keynote Theatre, one of the show’s most commented upon features, will be back with another ‘high profile’ programme for 2015. Karen Forrester, CEO of T.G.I Friday’s UK, Stephen Holmes, CEO of ASK Italian and Zizzi, Alasdair Murdoch, CEO of Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and Scott Macdonald, managing director of Bill's, are just some of the headline speakers now confirmed.
Representatives from Accor Hotels, BaxsterStorey, Be At One, Browns, British Airways, Burger & Lobster, Carluccio's, Center Parcs, Compass, Ed's Easy Diner Group, Elior UK, Fuller Smith & Turner, Gate Retail Onboard, Harvester, House of Lords, La Tasca, Loungers, Mitchells & Butlers, Oakman Inns & Restaurants, Pizza Express, Pizza Hut, Salisbury Pubs, Sodexo, SSP Group, Stonegate Pubs Company, The Restaurant Group, Tragus Group, Wagamama, Wahaca, Whitbread, Yo Sushi – are just some of the big names that have already pre-registered to visit.
Casual Dining returns to the Business Design Centre, in Islington, London, on Wednesday and Thursday 25-26 February 2015. To register for a free trade pass, please visit www.casualdiningshow.co.uk and quote priority code CDPR1 (direct link: www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/CasualDining.aspx?TrackingCode=CDPR1).
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma-Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to Casual Dining via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion.)
Casual Dining was the first launch show (UK and international) in over five years to win ‘Best Tradeshow Exhibition under 2,000sq.m’ at the Association of Event Organisers’ Excellence Awards 2014.
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton and Nailsworth (Glos). Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Casual Dining; lunch! (winner of Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Association of Event Organisers Excellence Awards in 2012, and Best UK Trade Show Exhibition (under 2,000sqm) in 2010 & 2011); The Natural Food Show (part of Natural & Organic Products Europe); Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); Geo Business; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference in Hamburg, Germany; camexpo; office*; SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; Natural Products magazine; and the Natural Beauty Yearbook.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company with a successful portfolio of sector leading exhibition, conferences, publications and websites.